I have been working in ENT outpatient for almost 2 years. As of now I have been seeing my own patients. But in the last 6 months one of the physicians in the group wanted me to send the supervising physician my new patient notes so that they could sign off on it (apparently this is actually a rule of the hospital in which I work, but not in the state ). Most of the the supervising physicians will read the note, let me know if there's anything I may have missed and sign off on it. However,  one of the physicians wants to see every new patient with me (since she is signing off on the note). I understand why she wants to see the patient with me, but it cuts into both of our schedules. We are now thinking maybe I'll see patients with her (help with postop patients - taking out sutures etc, counseling before surgery) some days. 

I'm wondering how other ENT PAs function in an outpatient setting. Any insight would be so helpful, thank you! 

• 5 months later...

Archived