Undergrad grades & postgrad residency

Looking for feedback from PAs who have applied or are familiar with residencies:

I start PA school in May. My overly motivated nerdy self registered for 2 classes "for the fun of it" this semester. The classes are not pre-reqs for a degree or for PA school but they are interesting (Pharm and Patho). Unfortunately my motivation to study right now is approaching zero. I really need a break from post-bacc'ness and would like more than 2 weeks of free time before PA classes start. I have As in both classes and can maintain As, but it's a time suck because I'm still working. I am considering dropping the classes to allow myself more time to move, buy furniture, take a vacation, etc. I really did not except to get into a PA program that starts in May, which is why I signed up for the classes to begin with.

I know some residencies request a copy of undergrad transcripts. Will having 2 W's in my last semester before PA school keep me from being considered? During residency interviews, were your undergrad grades discussed? Do they just ask for copies of undergrad transcripts to verify degrees (I hope they emphasize PA program grades!)?

Thank you!

Archived