PA students & the AAPA Conference 12'

I am the VP of my class so naturally I am going to the AAPA conference this year in Toronto. Does

anyone have suggestions on which days are the best for us to go to. I know the website had a list of student related dates, but we will not be participating in the bowl challenge and I'm trying to budget out the trip for the other classmates of mine that are going. The fewer days we go the cheaper, but I also don't wanna miss anything, so I just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations, I have never been to an AAPA conference. Thanks

Sunday through Tuesday. You'll definitely want to go to the challenge bowl on Sunday night. Also, I believe Monday is the big day for students, there are always some excellent sessions for students. Also, if you're into research, Tuesday is when all the action is with the poster session. See you all in Toronto.

I've got to be there for the challenge bowl at least, but I really want to stay as long as I can. Capitol Connection has me excited about these conferences and the IMPACT conference is really the one to go to. If there isn't a mandatory event for your students can attend, can they individually choose the days that contain events that interest them most? Or maybe everyone who plans to attend can just vote.

the Challenge Bowl was definitely one of the highlight of IMPACT conference. How did you enjoy Capitol Connection this year? I went last year and really enjoyed it.

Yeah I am excited for the Challenge Bowl, should be a blast.

I thought Capitol Connection rocked. It was my first national-level conference as a PA student and it as great to meet PAs and students from all over the country. The professional activism is so important, especially on the federal stage, and I learned a ton about ho much work goes into making sure we have the legal right to do our job. I will definitely do it again if I can.

Archived