• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By pahopeful46
      Hello! 
      I was wondering if anyone knew of a practice or preceptor that would be willing to take on a student for a psych rotation in either Pittsburgh or Houston. Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you! 
    • By ashley2019
      Hi all,
      Need some help/advice for dealing with anxiety.
      I just started my first quarter of PA school about a month ago. At first glance, everything is seemingly going great- classmates are nice and I have made A's on all exams up to this point.
      However, I have been dealing with a LOT of anxiety since day 1. It makes me feel not like myself at all! It has turned me into a quiet, sheepish, and slightly awkward person. I hate this.
      At first, it was believing I wasn't as smart as my peers or outgoing enough (so, more of a social intimidation, unintentionally). Then, I convinced myself I'd probably not make it through the first quarter because of the sheer volume of info. Now that I've proved to myself I can conquer the material (so far), I still feel insecure because I find it difficult to connect with my peers. Sometimes I feel like I can't be my true self around them since we are supposed to maintain our professionalism. 
      Overall, I just feel a bit lonely and anxious with moving out of state and starting this rigorous program and I don't feel like I have an outlet. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me, honestly why I am posting about this anonymously. I don't like to ask for help- and actually no one who knows me knows I struggle with this. But this kind of anxiety is a new beast I haven't dealt with before. Almost feels like my throat is being strangled :/. Considering therapy, but who has time for that??
      Will any of this get better? 
    • By PsychiatricPA
      I graduated December 2017 and my specialty of choice is Psychiatry. However, the only Psych position that I found in my area was Locum Tenens for 6 months, outpatient. I can't move at this moment. Any advice? Should I start with this or wait for the right position? Loan repayment starts in May so I'm a little worried. 
    • By PACShrink
      Does anyone use any of these? I find it useful with my patients to have for 2 reasons:
      1- It gives you a number for future reference, to use as a base line for tracking patient progress.
      2- Something objective in the patient's own hand to scan into the record for future reference.
        If anyone is interested I have about 15 different ones I use. I also made short MACROS for pasting into the PE section when having the patient fill one out. Bonus: while the patient is filling out the assessment, I update the EMR, check the PMP and look at the intake documents.
        Tomorrow I am posting a dilemma that I have been struggling with.... Stay tuned and please comment..
      Thanks.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More