9/28/18 Seattle Interview

Very interesting interview. I'm not sure how to explain a preparation process, but if you found a bunch of questions online and practice them over and over again, you will not be ready for this interview. It wasn't that type of interview. They just wanted to hear you talk about your experiences, how you have prepared to attend the program, ethics and why the program. I think overall, it went very well. I was impressed by almost every person I interviewed with. Good luck to everyone, and I hope we are excepted together. 

1 hour ago, wilson26tck said:

Very interesting interview. I'm not sure how to explain a preparation process, but if you found a bunch of questions online and practice them over and over again, you will not be ready for this interview. It wasn't that type of interview. They just wanted to hear you talk about your experiences, how you have prepared to attend the program, ethics and why the program. I think overall, it went very well. I was impressed by almost every person I interviewed with. Good luck to everyone, and I hope we are excepted together. 

It was good to meet you! I hope we all get in together! Class 53 woop woop!

4 hours ago, BrittLundy said:

Congrats! Any words of wisdom for those who are interviewing next month? 

I think Greta (jollyllama) put it perfectly in her comment. I think the biggest thing that helped me was following the advice of taking 30 min to write down everything I wanted them to know about me and just coming up with personal and unique stories to share. I had my spouse make a list also.

I read an interview book last month, but found I was just getting overwhelmed and feared my genuine answers would get lost in the rehearsal if I focused too much on the books and online resources. So the past month I just did my best to relax and reflect on why I was doing this. MEDEX makes a big deal of not just saying what you think they want to hear, but simply being yourself. All your interviewers will have read your applications and essays so don’t focus on spitting out your stats at them. Just provide them an opportunity to get to know you and your personality. 

Take pride in the fact you have an interview! It’s huge. You should be so proud of yourself for making it this far. Make sure to get to know your fellow interviewees! My group was all so kind and supportive and helped immensely in keeping my energy and spirits up throughout the day! The staff also does a great job with this!

Also, I did dinner the night before with an incredible group of people and that helped a ton also! 

If you have any questions let me know! But seriously, try not to overthink it and just be yourself! 

Here’s my email if anyone has questions or for future classmates who would like to connect:

christine.w@live.com

-Christine 

I'll echo the same sentiment. Be true to yourself when preparing. I did nothing in preparation for the interview except read the website. I wanted to be true to myself and express why I was coming to the program. I didn't have to prepare for that because I knew why I wanted to apply. If you like to prepare what you're going to say, then you should do that. If you prefer to allow spontaneous thought because that best reflects whom you are, do that. Terry will explain that they want you in the school, or they wouldn't be interviewing you. That was the biggest stress relief for me. If you have an interview, they already like you. If you remember that, the rest will come easy. 

9 minutes ago, cbaldwin said:

I think Greta (jollyllama) put it perfectly in her comment. I think the biggest thing that helped me was following the advice of taking 30 min to write down everything I wanted them to know about me and just coming up with personal and unique stories to share. I had my spouse make a list also.

I read an interview book last month, but found I was just getting overwhelmed and feared my genuine answers would get lost in the rehearsal if I focused too much on the books and online resources. So the past month I just did my best to relax and reflect on why I was doing this. MEDEX makes a big deal of not just saying what you think they want to hear, but simply being yourself. All your interviewers will have read your applications and essays so don’t focus on spitting out your stats at them. Just provide them an opportunity to get to know you and your personality. 

Take pride in the fact you have an interview! It’s huge. You should be so proud of yourself for making it this far. Make sure to get to know your fellow interviewees! My group was all so kind and supportive and helped immensely in keeping my energy and spirits up throughout the day! The staff also does a great job with this!

Also, I did dinner the night before with an incredible group of people and that helped a ton also! 

If you have any questions let me know! But seriously, try not to overthink it and just be yourself! 

Here’s my email if anyone has questions or for future classmates who would like to connect:

christine.w@live.com

-Christine 

Dude...I am so happy for you! Seriously congrats, you deserve this. You’re amazing. 

55 minutes ago, cbaldwin said:

christine.w@live.com

-Christine 

This is very very helpful. Thank you Christine! 

I got the call this morning, and I'm excited to be a part of cohort 53! I am fortunate to work as an EMT in a homeless shelter with 3 other emts that are on the PA or MD track. I believe working with patients battling addiction and homelessness provided an excellent complement to my experience as an army medic. I personally found discussing the ethical conundrums we see at the personal and systemic levels prepared me best for the interview.  If any one is looking for an experience working with an underserved population, I strongly recommend working at the dutch shisler sobering center in seattle. Feel free to hit me up at morgan.mitch.c@gmail.com if you have any questions!

Mitch Morgan

1 hour ago, cbaldwin said:

Fo-Greta-bout-it! Thank you!! And seriously thank you for all your help and support throughout the day! You were such an amazing interview buddy! ❤️

Aww you are so welcome! You helped me too Christine the queen! ? Not sure if they are still calling people tomorrow, but I’m not getting my hopes up. Good luck to you, you’ll make an amazing PA. ?

On 10/2/2018 at 9:35 PM, Jollyllama said:

Aww you are so welcome! You helped me too Christine the queen! ? Not sure if they are still calling people tomorrow, but I’m not getting my hopes up. Good luck to you, you’ll make an amazing PA. ?

Thank you so much ❤️ Keep me posted! Hopefully you'll at least get on the waitlist. If not, just remember how much you've already accomplished! My first year applying I didn't even have an interview. The fact you were in the first group is a very good sign! I guarantee you'll be a PA soon! and an excellent one at that!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2018 at 6:45 PM, wilson26tck said:

Thanks for the info. Invites for the Anchorage class went out to day. I got my invite this morning for a Nov 17th interview. Preparation will be on my mind every day for the next month. It sounds like I just need to really know and be able to articulate “me.”

On 10/2/2018 at 1:21 PM, wilson26tck said:

I'll echo the same sentiment. Be true to yourself when preparing. I did nothing in preparation for the interview except read the website. I wanted to be true to myself and express why I was coming to the program. I didn't have to prepare for that because I knew why I wanted to apply. If you like to prepare what you're going to say, then you should do that. If you prefer to allow spontaneous thought because that best reflects whom you are, do that. Terry will explain that they want you in the school, or they wouldn't be interviewing you. That was the biggest stress relief for me. If you have an interview, they already like you. If you remember that, the rest will come easy. 

Congrats to you all and thank you all for the advice. I got my notice yesterday for the interview in Anchorage, and like most of us the stress of preparing weighs heavy on our minds, increasing every day as we move closer to the interview. One of the PAs I work with (graduated from MEDEX recently) can not stress enough that I just need to be me. So hearing that they already want you, that is why you have the interview helps me to breathe a little easier. Again congrats to everyone!!!

Archived