9/28/18 Seattle Interview

Hi all!

Congratulations to everyone for the invite!! Looking forward to meeting everyone. I’m hopeful we can all get together at some point the day or evening before so there will be some familiar faces on interview day. Also excited there are some locals in the group and some who have interviewed before! Anxious to learn from you! 

Figure we can use this forum to communicate and prep for the interview! 

6 minutes ago, PrePA98 said:

Thank you for setting this thread up.  I am excited about this opportunity.  Have out of town people book at the hotel where the interview is to take place?  I'll be coming in from New Mexico on the 27th.  

Hi! Congrats on the invite! I interviewed last year and I heard of several people who stayed at that hotel where the interviews took place. Very convenient so you're not rushing through traffic to get there on interview day. I'm just not sure of the cost per night or anything else. 

5 minutes ago, jbelista said:

Hi! Congrats on the invite! I interviewed last year and I heard of several people who stayed at that hotel where the interviews took place. Very convenient so you're not rushing through traffic to get there on interview day. I'm just not sure of the cost per night or anything else. 

Thanks!  Congratulations to you as well! 

Congrats again to everyone making it this far.  Several people have expressed interest in meeting up the day or evening before.  I think this is a great idea so we can see some friendly faces and share any interview tips.  There is a restaurant Costa's about a 10 min walk up the hill from the interview hotel.  If other people would like to meet, I will be there starting at 6pm and holding a table.  Come have dinner or a coffee with me.  Please let me know in this thread so I can make sure to hold a big enough table.

How's everyone's interview prep going? Any advice or recommendations for resources? I've been reading Savannah Perry's interview book and doing podcasts/YouTube videos every time I commute to work. Either that or practicing my answers out loud. I was thinking about doing one of the mock interviews through The PA Platform or The PA Life. Does anybody have experience with either of their services? Thanks everyone. Hope your prep is going well, and can't wait to meet everyone soon! 

On 8/30/2018 at 8:47 AM, actionphilosopher said:

Congrats again to everyone making it this far.  Several people have expressed interest in meeting up the day or evening before.  I think this is a great idea so we can see some friendly faces and share any interview tips.  There is a restaurant Costa's about a 10 min walk up the hill from the interview hotel.  If other people would like to meet, I will be there starting at 6pm and holding a table.  Come have dinner or a coffee with me.  Please let me know in this thread so I can make sure to hold a big enough table.

I would love to join you! Haven't made official travel plans yet (waiting on my paycheck and deciding if I should bring/leave the family) but should definitely be there! I'll give you an official confirmation once I book my travel in the next few days. Thanks for setting a time/place. 

3 hours ago, dacuna411 said:

I'll be coming in from California and would love to meet up the night before as well. Just need to solidify my travel plans first. I'm also looking into staying at the interview hotel and received my invite on Tuesday. Good luck everyone! 

What part of CA are you coming from? I’m from Northern CA. 

Congratulations everyone! I would love to join you guys at the restaurant. It will be a great opportunity to share interview tips and get to know each other before the big day. ?  -Leo 

Howdy all and congratulations! We've made it to the final step!! Woohoo!!

I think it's a grand idea to meet the afternoon/night before the interview on Friday. I'm not really a local, but have lived here for 3 years. I live around the area where the interview will be held and there are many places we could meet, chat and get to know one another. Depends on what y'all are thinking/looking for.

I interviewed last cycle as well and I'd be glad to give out the pointers I wrote down (that the MEDEX staff told us), along with the questions they asked my group of interviewees. AKJustinS, thank you for the helpful information and good vibes!

I got the email to interview on Tuesday.

Happy interview prepping all and excited to meet everybody either the day before or the day of the interview.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:47 AM, actionphilosopher said:

Count me in as well! I'll be driving up from Idaho, looking forward to meeting everyone. 

I'll be there too! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Its great to hear so many people want to meet up the night before.  Since no one is objecting to my plan of Costa's I figured I would post the details again.

Costa's Restaurant, 4559 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105

https://www.facebook.com/costasontheave

6pm

I will call in the next few days to let them know and reserve a table.  I look forward to meeting everyone.

Archived