Baldwin Wallace 2018-2019 Cycle

4 minutes ago, niksteresque said:

I know they typically send out emails on Fridays about getting your completed application, because I believe they wait for everyone from that week so they can do bulk emails about apps. 

In my case it took about a week after submitting through CASPA because I submitted on a Friday and they let me know the next Friday. They requested the supplemental the week after that.

Hope this helps! 

It does!! Thank you so much ?

On 10/17/2018 at 12:06 PM, niksteresque said:

Hi there,

I was sent an interview invite about 1.5 weeks after doing the supplemental. However, I would say not to worry! I don’t believe they’ve set any dates for December or January yet - it’s not over until it’s over!

Wishing you lots of luck!!!

Thank you so much:)! Your positive feedback means a lot:)

Was supposed to have an interview 11/9 but they asked if I would want to move it up to this Friday 10/26 since someone dropped out and I (crazily) said yes. Anyone else interviewing 10/26? I think its the first interview date but I could be mistaken. What is everyone doing to prepare? Good luck everyone!

On 10/19/2018 at 1:22 PM, ShelbsPA said:

@Marla congratulations!

When did you apply if you don't mind me asking? Just trying to see where they may be at in their application review! Haven't heard back yet but curious

I applied near the beginning of June.  Turned in the supplemental around the middle of June and then didn't hear anything for a Loooong time.

1 hour ago, llspeak said:

Looking for information about the start date of BW's program. Does anyone have experience with being accepted, and BW classes start before you are done graduating from undergrad? There might be a 1-week overlap. They said people do it, but we're just wondering how that works. Thanks.

Hi there! I interviewed 10/26 and they had previous students explain what happened with the overlap.

Some students were able to take finals early, and the others that weren’t, the PA Program was very accommodating and helped the student out with materials they missed from classes to take their finals that first week.

The program itself is very accommodating and they are great with understanding school situations. Just communicate with them about it from the get-go if you’re accepted into the program and choose to go there!

hope this helps ? good luck!

18 minutes ago, star52095 said:

Of the people selected for interviews and were already accepted into the program (if you don’t mind me asking) what were your stats?:) I really appreciate you sharing this! 

Hi!

I had:

cumulative/science GPA: 4.0

Shadowing: 55 hours

Patient Care Experience: ~200 hours

Various volunteering hours with people/animals as well - don’t remember the total hours.

hope this helps!

On 11/1/2018 at 4:04 PM, star52095 said:

Of the people selected for interviews and were already accepted into the program (if you don’t mind me asking) what were your stats?:) I really appreciate you sharing this! 

cgpa:3.8 

sgpa:3.8

(also of note I have 3 C’s and a W on my transcript, so don’t let that discourage you)

shadowing hours: 120hours in various specialties

Pce: ~2500 hours

volunteer hours:~400hours

I also have a professional license, and various certifications from undergrad.

I felt as if All the applicants present were on a level playing field. Assume if youve been intived to interview your qualified to be there. The faculty really just wanted to get to know the applicants. I think being personable holds a lot of weight during your interview day at this school in particular, the staff and students are so forthcoming; that it is hard not be. 

Good luck.

10 hours ago, meesk said:

cgpa:3.8 

sgpa:3.8

(also of note I have 3 C’s and a W on my transcript, so don’t let that discourage you)

shadowing hours: 120hours in various specialties

Pce: ~2500 hours

volunteer hours:~400hours

I also have a professional license, and various certifications from undergrad.

I felt as if All the applicants present were on a level playing field. Assume if youve been intived to interview your qualified to be there. The faculty really just wanted to get to know the applicants. I think being personable holds a lot of weight during your interview day at this school in particular, the staff and students are so forthcoming; that it is hard not be. 

Good luck.

Thank you so much! It really helps me figure out where I’m at. I have a very similar background, but my GRE scores are not great. I’m just afraid that may be why I may not get accepted. Thanks again, it means a lot! 

• 2 weeks later...