Official, that the program director ramos has stepped down !!

As was predicted Mr. Luis Ramos has stepped down from his position of program director at Chatham....we can say he was eased out or fired respectfully, as he shoved the program into a hole, singlehandedly. Lets hope there are more changes and the program makes an about turn towards success.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I am a current student.

Is the program tough? Yes. Is it frustrating on a whole new level? Yes. Do I wish I went to a different school? Sometimes. Do I hate the institution? No. Why? Because I chose to come here, as did you. You graduated, have your degree and you're employed someplace. If you're doing fine, why the venom towards Chatham? If you're not happy with it you don't have to think about it. It's over. Do you feel you have an altruistic mission to let everyone know about all the things you hated about Chatham? You chose to go here man. You chose a PBL based school. You chose it, you conquered it and you have a job. Hundreds of others join you in your accomplishment, and I hope to join you at the end of my program. I just don't get the inflammatory remarks from you in the past week or so. It literally makes you look 18. High School is over. It's time to act like an adult. You have a masters degree and work as a professional. Act like one. Making a dozen posts about how crappy things are at Chatham gets you nowhere. You gain nothing other than a selfish gratification knowing that you're somehow digitally 'sticking it to the man' over the internet.

I look at this like a patient who comes in to the office and says "Hey, it really hurts when I contort my thumb in to this funky position..." The simple answer is "Stop contorting your thumb in to that funky position." I think the simple answer here for you is to cut your ties with Chatham. You have your piece of paper, you have your job, you have a paycheck. There are so many people with the piece of paper and no job and no paycheck, yet you choose to come here and throw fire around like it's your job. For what!? We all get your point by now. Posting the up to the minute information on a school you have so much animosity towards is useless. It's a waste of your time and all of ours! I can't even believe I've taken 5 minutes of my life to type this crap out.

The long and the short of it all is this: GO AWAY if you're not happy with Chatham. Constantly thinking and ruminating about the program that you can't stand is only going to cause you to have an ulcer.

If you graduated the program already, then you're obviously being forwarded current information by a current student who is not in PR. They should easily know who I am by my screen name if you're truly curious as to my current student status, because you're likely not going to believe that I'm not L. Ramos or anyone else who is on their payroll. Stop acting like a 4 year old and go see some patients.

No, I am not going to reply, I have much better things to do than sit around here anymore. I would certainly hope anyone else reading feels the same way.

Its a pity that people dont pay attention and use the system for their own needs, and not address the issue. I am so happy you will not read my reply, because its hard for you to comprehend JUSTICE and fairness. You could be one of the faculty owned snitches. sorry no disrespect.

and you have learnt well in Chatam, just telling the patient dont contort the thumb and not looking deeper as to why he is doing that. Thats exactly the problem.

For an ulcer i will take a PPI, dont worry about that.

Its selfish people like you who don't care for others, which by the way is a part of professionalism, unlike what they teach you at Chatham. It is your duty to tell people about the program and let them make an informed choice. I am not stopping anyone from joining Chatham, but making them aware.

Better things do do like what, make a learning issue why ...and why.

No ill will, Good Luck for your PBL and say my hello to your master.

I can't believe I'm arguing with a child here..

You don't stand up for JUSTICE like you proclaim! You're simply a BULLY. What makes it worse is the fact that you're an online bully. This makes you a COWARD. Prove me wrong and tell us your real name. My gut, along with your spelling and grammar are telling me that you never graduated Chatham in the first place. You're simply a disgruntled applicant who got wait-listed.

Anyone reading this retarded thread needs to know that not everyone feels the same way about Chatham. This tool has chosen to represent the minions of morons and run around with their mouth agape while spewing anything and everything that comes to mind. He/she/it is doing nothing but ill towards the schools reputation. I know there are hundreds of grads who are perfectly happy with their time spent at Chatham and earn a healthy salary. They aren't here to back the school up in the face of this CYBER BULLY, simply because most of them don't even know this forum exists (most of the current class isn't even aware of this forum). If they did I'm comfortable stating they'd have no problem making a stand against such inflammatory posts.

And if anyone truly wants to know my opinion about the school, feel free to ask me if the explanation I've already given didn't suffice.

Yours truly, and not a paid snitch,

M. Tiemann

PS

(You really should get that paranoid personality disorder checked out. Everyone, including Chatham isn't out to get you.)

My Dear Young Friend, Mr M. Tiemann, i am not bullying anyone, whatever you have mentioned in the post , shows your frustration and lack of understanding. The language and tone reveals your anger and deep seated issues. No need to ramble. You can write as much as you want for the school, you may get extra points too when you show it to your masters.

FOR A SECOND I WILL AGREE WITH YOU THAT NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THE PROGRAM. But

WHY DID THE PROGRAM SLIP? Why was it placed on probation, now please don't get into technicalities that it is not.

WHY WAS IT PULLED BY ARC-PA , THAT THE PRESIDENT OF THE SCHOOL HAD TO EXPLAIN WHY?

Why was it given a notice to change so many things? Why was the Puerto Rico didactic slashed?

Why did the program director step down?

If it is such an excellent program why all this?

What is the rating for the PA school, you should RESEARCH THAT AND GIVE IT A THOUGHT.

I am not against the school, i want them to be better . PERIOD.

THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED IF YOU WANT THE SCHOOL TO EXCEL.

For your happiness , and to make you feel cheerful and validated, lets for moment agree that i don't like the program, but

i am not ARC-PA the accrediting agency,

They spoke about the program , so do they hate the program too? Were they placed on a waiting list too? Are they bullying the program too?

Emotions and Anger wont help solve the problem. Obviously they saw something deficient in the program, that was substandard, and gave them a notice to rectify.

Ask yourself a simple question, WHY was the school placed on probation if everything was great, and perfect ?

For your information i scored 800 on PANCE, you can go to the office and check out how many people have scored that and you will know my name. Go and check all the walls and you will find my name on a few plaques.

I earn more than the national average and am extremely happy with my career, and i want everyone to have the best career.

I will be happy to offer you a Job when you graduate.

Please don't cover the truth.

If you really loved your program you not be acting in a way you did. Problems can only be solved when you accept there is a problem. If we don't accept that then we cannot solve it and nothing will change.

Good Luck

Relax and Good Luck for your PBL and rotations.

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A DIALOGUE, WE CAN BUT IN A CONSTRUCTIVE WAY WITHOUT DISRESPECT AND AMICABLY.

I cannot speak for the other graduates, but i care for Chatham, that's why i write.

So to clarify a few things, It is my understanding that the program is not on probation officially, yet. They are addressing the issues that were identified by the ARC-PA that need to change. It is probable that those areas will be addressed and the program can avoid probation, as the faculty has been working hard to address issues since July 2011. As for Ramos stepping down, not a surprise. Program Directors get the credit when things are going well, and take the fall when things are not (similar to a coach of a sporting team). Who ever replaces Ramos will bring fresh energy and direction to the program. The change that is needed is already happening. Perhaps the program slipped because it made too many big changes all at once from increasing class size and diversity, to adding the Puerto Rico cohort, to reducing remediations, to eliminating the interview. Some of things things have already been addressed like interviews have been reinstated. For the most part, Chatham was exactly the program they stated they would be. It was very clear from the day that I visited campus that Chatham is self-directed learning and PBL based... and that is exactly what it turned out to be. There are many who are thankful for the fact that Chatham is not a traditional, lecture based program and I am one of them. I agree that the program had its faults, but it was a 24 month program (accelerated) and that adds to the challenge of the program.

Give Chatham the chance to win or loose its appeal to the ARC-PA. I think the school was more aware of the issues than you give them credit, before they ever heard from the ARC-PA. I think since the class of 2011 graduated (and even before), the program has been looking at what changes need to be made and has started making them. As awful as this situation is, in the end, this should make the program a stronger program...

PA helper, you sound like a ridiculous person giving these play by plays, sounds like you enjoy worrying about gossip and you may never graduate...let alone ever be a good PA. As far as perspective students reading anything from PAhelper, contact chatham directly for your questions or visit the arc-pa or caspa for OFFICIAL INFORMATION of Chatham's accreditation status.

soooo if you are for justice....go to law school!!!

I would like to say that whoever PA helper is, obviously has a personal vendetta against Chatham University. I am currently enrolled in the program as a first year student. Chatham's program is problem based learning, which means that you do not sit down in a class room and are not taught for a majority of your courses. Anatomy and physiology, cadaver lab, and physical diagnosis are the only classes that are taught, other than those three you have pharmacology and PBL. There are no problems with the program as "PA helper" states, we ARE NOT under probation. Also yes the director did step down, he was not fired or pushed out the door as "PA helper" claimed. The new director of the program is a very intelligent, personable guy. I had him for PBL last unit and I do not know if I have met many people who are more intelligent than him. Further more the only people who have trouble are those who are not willing to work hard and put in the required time. The problem with some of the current students (only a few out of the 75 in the class) is that they are too busy posting on this site and facebook instead of worrying about their education. If you have any questions about the program feel free to message me on here. I don't know when I will get back to you because I am actually busy studying, but it will be sometime before next week!

Thanks,

Mike Brown <--a current student in the program who is willing to put there name on their post so it has some validity.

I am proud to be a current Chatham PA student and glad I chose this program over others to earn my masters. We are known for excellence and what WE do as students next year and after we graduate will only prove that. Chatham has given every student here and I the tools and opportunity to learn what is essential to be the best PA possible, whether or not we use it to the fullest extent is our OWN responsibility and we cannot blame others for the outcome.

I highly suggest if any prospective student has any questions concerning Chatham's program or status, they should talk to an individual whom has success with the program, which I believe is most, if not all of the hard-working, respectable students.

-K. Fritz

Dear Mr Brown,

I have nothing against Chatham, I have graduated from that school.

If you cant understand english or cannot comprehend the meaning of the letter sent to you, i would suggest that you should not even be near a patient, forget about even dreaming, as you are biased in your approach.

I will only agree with you on one thing which is the comment you made about the new program director.

I am sure you are one of the group students who sit with other group of students and share the stuff and call everyone else "not hard working".

If you want to make changes at Chatham for it to be a better school, speak the truth and don't be in a state of denial.

I want you to read my posts again and read this which you must have received too.

Its verbatim. If you cant understand it ask someone to explain it to you. READ POINT NUMBER 2.

I suggest you get a dictionary and look up the words adverse, probationary,

Go Here and read:

http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/forums/showthread.php/34657-The-letter-about-the-trouble-at-chatham-(aka-probation-status)

To: Students in Chatham University’s MPAS program

Thank you for meeting with me, members of the administration, and MPAS faculty yesterday to discuss the MPAS program’s accreditation. As I mentioned then, conversations were already underway between Chatham and the ARC-PA, the MPAS program’s accreditors, regarding the adverse ruling. As a result of those conversations, I am happy to inform you that as of this morning:

(1) ARC-PA has agreed to allow Chatham to seek reconsideration of ARC-PA’s decision, which Chatham will do on or before April 23;

(2) pending a decision on Chatham’s appeal, ARC-PA will no longer require that Chatham declare that it is on probationary status.

We are by no means out of the woods yet, and we have a great deal of work to be done on the appeal and thereafter toaddress the issues that the ARC-PA identified. As I shared yesterday, some things have already been done, such as the decision to end Puerto Rico as a didactic site. Others will surely follow, both before and as a result of the appeal process.

I want to reassure you, however, that Chatham is doing everything in its power to fix this situation and ensure that the MPAS program is not just fully accredited, which it remains, but that the MPAS program also enjoys a sterling reputation with its accreditors – one commensurate with the reputation that the program and its students, faculty and graduates enjoy within the Chatham and healthcare communities.

Esther Barazzone

President

Sharon L. Fross, Ph.D.

Dean

College of Graduate Studies/Continuing and Professional Studies

Chatham University

Woodland Road

Mellon Center

Pittsburgh, PA 15232

SFross@Chatham.edu

412-365-1711 (Office)

412-365-1206 (Direct Line)

412-365-1223 (Fax)

www.chatham.edu

I WOULD LIKE TO STATE HERE, AGAIN AND FOR THE LAST TIME

I WANT CHATHAM TO BE A BETTER SCHOOL. PERIOD.

I have nothing against Chatham, I have graduated from that school.

If you cant understand english or cannot comprehend the meaning of the letter sent to you, i would suggest that you should not even be near a patient, forget about even dreaming, as you are biased in your approach.

I will only agree with you on one thing which is the comment you made about the new program director.

I am sure you are one of the group students who sit with other group of students and share the stuff and call everyone else "not hard working".

If you want to make changes at Chatham for it to be a better school, speak the truth and don't be in a state of denial.

I want you to read my posts again and read this which you must have received too.

Its verbatim. If you cant understand it ask someone to explain it to you. READ POINT NUMBER 2.

I suggest you get a dictionary and look up the words adverse, probationary,

Go Here and read:

http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/forums/showthread.php/34657-The-letter-about-the-trouble-at-chatham-(aka-probation-status)

To: Students in Chatham University’s MPAS program

Thank you for meeting with me, members of the administration, and MPAS faculty yesterday to discuss the MPAS program’s accreditation. As I mentioned then, conversations were already underway between Chatham and the ARC-PA, the MPAS program’s accreditors, regarding the adverse ruling. As a result of those conversations, I am happy to inform you that as of this morning:

(1) ARC-PA has agreed to allow Chatham to seek reconsideration of ARC-PA’s decision, which Chatham will do on or before April 23;

(2) pending a decision on Chatham’s appeal, ARC-PA will no longer require that Chatham declare that it is on probationary status.

We are by no means out of the woods yet, and we have a great deal of work to be done on the appeal and thereafter toaddress the issues that the ARC-PA identified. As I shared yesterday, some things have already been done, such as the decision to end Puerto Rico as a didactic site. Others will surely follow, both before and as a result of the appeal process.

I want to reassure you, however, that Chatham is doing everything in its power to fix this situation and ensure that the MPAS program is not just fully accredited, which it remains, but that the MPAS program also enjoys a sterling reputation with its accreditors – one commensurate with the reputation that the program and its students, faculty and graduates enjoy within the Chatham and healthcare communities.

Esther Barazzone

President

Sharon L. Fross, Ph.D.

Dean

College of Graduate Studies/Continuing and Professional Studies

Chatham University

Woodland Road

Mellon Center

Pittsburgh, PA 15232

SFross@Chatham.edu

412-365-1711 (Office)

412-365-1206 (Direct Line)

412-365-1223 (Fax)

www.chatham.edu

I WOULD LIKE TO STATE HERE, AGAIN AND FOR THE LAST TIME

I WANT CHATHAM TO BE A BETTER SCHOOL. PERIOD.

i would suggest you stop cloning yourself into so many names:) this shows your inconsistency.

Do you think that what i say is going to make a difference in people who will attend Chatham? or ARC is monitoring this site and waiting for my decision to do what they have to do.

Wake Up, and do something about it, by being a mute spectator and supporting lies and being in denial will help no one, neither the future students, nor the school.

I have many causes and this time i chose the school i graduated from.

I am on the side of the students, i want them to get the best form of education. When you finally go for rotations and interact with other PA school graduates you will know.

I wish you luck and i said what i had to say. I am not trying to score brownie points, like you all are doing.

Because what you have is already here, if the email was sent to the entire school, it is not previliged info. And talking of honor code....pharm is an example or cut and paste questions from books is an answer, or even sharing screen shots.

Sent from iPhone

Archived