Question about experience

One year full time equivalent of health care or helping care experience with increasing levels of responsibility, leadership and evidence of community service. Must be complete by application deadline.

That is what it says on their website... I will be graduating from nursing school in August and want to apply in 2013 for PA school. I am wondering if it is worth a shot to apply even though I will not have an entire year of clinical experience. I am assuming that my clinical hours in nursing school do not count as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

I know for WSU the clinical experience during school does not count but I am not sure about UDM. I would contact them directly about it. Getting in is incredibly competitive. There were around 800 applicants for each school I applied for this year so do whatever you can to get a leg up on the competition. University of Toledo does not require any contact hours which will give you an edge over other candidates. Make sure you have a lot of varied experiences and volunteer work oh yeah and a high GPA helps greatly too! I'm not trying to scare you but there are a lot of people applying to PA school. What are your stats? Good luck!!!

Archived