CASPA verification turnaround times

Hey all,

I was just wondering how long (usually) the turnaround time for CASPA to verify applications? I wasn't sure if it was dependent on receiving transcripts/LOR/etc. I'm obviously a bit late on actually submitting my application, but back in May/June I had already had my transcripts sent to CASPA, my GRE scores sent and verified, and all of my LOR were received by the end of July. Would this result in a faster verification time or will my application still take around at least 2 weeks for verification?

Thanks!

Guest isiddik

When did you submit your transcripts? None of mine are verified yet, but then again I submitted transcripts from over 7 colleges. Ugh! Ya I know how you feel. Good luck to you as well. In the meantime I’ll try not to get a heart attack every time I hear my phone ding! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted NAU around 7/10, and 3 other colleges around 8/8.

All of them are verified though except my last 2 semesters at NAU..... which makes no sense, since it was submitted first, and half of it is verified, and half of it isnt ?

I’m worried that there is some kinda error I am not aware of...!!!  And yes, the anxiety is real.

Does anyone know if we have to wait for verification for each application or are they all verified at the same time? I ended up not submitting an application with a September 1st deadline because I didn't think it would be verified in time, but if my application for a different school gets verified sometime before the end of August, can I just submit my application for the school with the September 1st deadline without having to wait for it to get verified again? Sorry if my question is confusing. 

Guest isiddik

Have you guys read this article? Some programs will consider the application as “meeting deadline” if its submitted by the deadline, even though it’s not verified. Some programs require the application to be verified by the deadline. This link will tell you which programs fall under what category.

https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Starting_Your_CASPA_Application/Getting_Started_with_Your_CASPA_Application/3_CASPA_Participating_Programs_and_Eligibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest isiddik
15 hours ago, RD2PAdreamer said:

Does anyone know if we have to wait for verification for each application or are they all verified at the same time? I ended up not submitting an application with a September 1st deadline because I didn't think it would be verified in time, but if my application for a different school gets verified sometime before the end of August, can I just submit my application for the school with the September 1st deadline without having to wait for it to get verified again? Sorry if my question is confusing. 

Just to clarify - are you asking if the program will still take your application into consideration based on retroactive submission date? 

My understanding is when your CASPA application is verified --> sent over to ALL schools that you applied to. It's not like your application is verified for school A vs school B. I'd recommend checking that website link I posted couple posts above to see if your school will consider the application as meeting deadline if it's submitted (blue, orange) vs verified (green). 

Hey all!

Just an update - I submitted my application about 48 hours ago and was just verified about an hour ago.  I, however, did already have all my transcripts sent from my university I attended back in June because I read sometimes that takes a little bit of time. I also had all of my references completed by August 15 and my GRE scores were sent to CASPA on August 6.

Everything was verified all at one time -- don't know if that information helps those of you that were asking about when things get verified. I feel, though, if you take an application to a school off CASPA, then try to add it back on, you'd probably have to go through the completed and verification process again... I could be completely wrong! I had a few deadlines (4) for September 1 and I just barely made the verification date for them ?

Good luck to you all! ?

10 minutes ago, ecb220 said:

Hey all!

Just an update - I submitted my application about 48 hours ago and was just verified about an hour ago.  I, however, did already have all my transcripts sent from my university I attended back in June because I read sometimes that takes a little bit of time. I also had all of my references completed by August 15 and my GRE scores were sent to CASPA on August 6.

Everything was verified all at one time -- don't know if that information helps those of you that were asking about when things get verified. I feel, though, if you take an application to a school off CASPA, then try to add it back on, you'd probably have to go through the completed and verification process again... I could be completely wrong! I had a few deadlines (4) for September 1 and I just barely made the verification date for them ?

Good luck to you all! ?

Wow that really makes me wonder whats going on with mine.

Everything for me was sent even before you and those 2 semesters are really holding me up...

good luck!

21 hours ago, isiddik said:

Just to clarify - are you asking if the program will still take your application into consideration based on retroactive submission date? 

My understanding is when your CASPA application is verified --> sent over to ALL schools that you applied to. It's not like your application is verified for school A vs school B. I'd recommend checking that website link I posted couple posts above to see if your school will consider the application as meeting deadline if it's submitted (blue, orange) vs verified (green). 

Yes, so I submitted my application for a school with an October 1st deadline this past Monday and it was just verified last night. I have another school that I wanted to apply for that has a September 1st deadline. I didn't submit it yet because I thought it wouldn't be verified in time but now I would like to submit it today since my application is verified. I checked that application and it looks like the transcripts are all verified now so I think you're right that I don't have to wait for that application to go through the whole verification process.

Guest isiddik

For what it's worth, my application JUST GOT verified late last night. Submitted 8/21 and verified 9/6. I think the reason why it took that long was because I submitted like 7 transcripts or so. But all in all, I'm glad it's officially verified ?

I submitted 8/10 & still have not been verified... it’s already been 4-weeks & they state on their website completed applications are reviewed in chronological order so I’m really stressing out. I keep calling but all they’ve told me is “...nothing we can do, takes 2-4 weeks...” the holiday (Labor Day) adds on an extra day or two as well. 

All of my transcripts had been submitted since June as well as my LORs, so I really don’t know what’s going on. They have told me there is nothing wrong with my application either.

Guest isiddik
17 hours ago, hopefulmomma said:

I submitted 8/10 & still have not been verified... it’s already been 4-weeks & they state on their website completed applications are reviewed in chronological order so I’m really stressing out. I keep calling but all they’ve told me is “...nothing we can do, takes 2-4 weeks...” the holiday (Labor Day) adds on an extra day or two as well. 

All of my transcripts had been submitted since June as well as my LORs, so I really don’t know what’s going on. They have told me there is nothing wrong with my application either.

Ugh, so sorry to hear this @hopefulmomma ! I feel ya - it's very nervewracking for sure. Have you checked to see if your application status is "complete"? If so then there really is nothing on your end left to do. I'd recommend calling them back to let them know it's been over 4 weeks. I guess each applicant is assigned a "verifier" (think case worker), based on what they told me 2 weeks ago. Mine took about 2 weeks to verity but it's because I have 7 transcripts for them to go through. Good luck! Hope yours get verified soon. 

Archived