Ohio: University of Dayton 2018-2019

5 minutes ago, Kowalchi said:

I interviewed 11/05/18 and just received and email today stating that they are holding a spot in the program for me. Did anyone else get accepted? I would love to meet others joining the program! ?

Congrats!! I'm not accepted (yet!! haha!) but I have an interview on Monday...what type of interview style is it? Any tips/suggestions?

3 hours ago, Kowalchi said:

I interviewed 11/05/18 and just received and email today stating that they are holding a spot in the program for me. Did anyone else get accepted? I would love to meet others joining the program! ?

I interviewed on 11/5 and also go this email! Was excited to hear back so soon. 

In response to ek1114: 

3 individual Interviews with faculty, a group activity with two other students, and a writing prompt. Good Luck!

4 hours ago, ek1114 said:

Congrats!! I'm not accepted (yet!! haha!) but I have an interview on Monday...what type of interview style is it? Any tips/suggestions?

It is a mix of individual, 1 group activity, and an essay just like Kyle11 said! Best advice would be to smile and be yourself. Out of all my interviews so far, I felt that the faculty here made me feel the most comfortable. Don't stress over it and try to enjoy yourself, the staff and students are really nice and easy to talk to! 

In response to Kyle11: Congrats!! Are you waiting to hear from other schools still as well, or do you think you will choose to go to Dayton?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/7/2018 at 5:56 PM, Kowalchi said:

It is a mix of individual, 1 group activity, and an essay just like Kyle11 said! Best advice would be to smile and be yourself. Out of all my interviews so far, I felt that the faculty here made me feel the most comfortable. Don't stress over it and try to enjoy yourself, the staff and students are really nice and easy to talk to! 

In response to Kyle11: Congrats!! Are you waiting to hear from other schools still as well, or do you think you will choose to go to Dayton?

Thanks for the advice. What do you think about the writing portion? was it helping and you liked it?

I am interviewing on Nov 12. Is anyone here the interview on the same day would like to meet up before or after the interview for something? I am flying from CA and will be there by 7.  

6 hours ago, prepa887 said:

Was accepted into the program! 

CONGRATS!!! That's amazing! You should be so so proud, what an accomplishment! I interview there Friday so I'm excited and I pray I get the same response! Do you have any tips for interview day? I'm getting anxious and nervous but excited haha. 

16 hours ago, Ktilley said:

CONGRATS!!! That's amazing! You should be so so proud, what an accomplishment! I interview there Friday so I'm excited and I pray I get the same response! Do you have any tips for interview day? I'm getting anxious and nervous but excited haha. 

Thank you! I'm sure you will do great. Really just try to relax. The students and faculty are awesome and make you feel comfortable. There is an easy essay, 3 one on one interviews with faculty, and a group activity that seems daunting but is just to see how you interact with the other applicants. Good luck! 

4 hours ago, prepa887 said:

Thank you! I'm sure you will do great. Really just try to relax. The students and faculty are awesome and make you feel comfortable. There is an easy essay, 3 one on one interviews with faculty, and a group activity that seems daunting but is just to see how you interact with the other applicants. Good luck! 

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it! I cant wait 🙂  how long after your interview were you accepted? I am traveling in this winter storm to the university today haha! 

22 hours ago, IwanttobeaPA123 said:

Has anyone received an invitation to interview but not the interview date yet? It doesn’t seem like they have many open dates left so I’m just worried they will email me last minute with my scheduled interview date. I live 4 hours away and I plan on driving so just want to have enough time to make arrangements! 

I am in the same situation. I emailed yesterday about the date of my interview and I still have not gotten a response yet. Hopefully we get some answers soon!