New grad - primary care resources?

I'm a new grad excited to be starting soon in a primary care position. I'll have UpToDate provided to me by the employer, but what other resources do you recommend? I do like textbooks, my eyes get tired of staring at screens, but I do not own any primary care textbooks.

I was also wondering what conferences would be recommended for my first year? My employer pays for this, so I want to take advantage and go to a high quality learning experience. I was thinking of attending the AAPA conference, but wanted to explore what else is out there.

• 3 months later...
On 8/21/2018 at 9:46 PM, gc8 said:

I'm a new grad excited to be starting soon in a primary care position. I'll have UpToDate provided to me by the employer, but what other resources do you recommend? I do like textbooks, my eyes get tired of staring at screens, but I do not own any primary care textbooks.

I was also wondering what conferences would be recommended for my first year? My employer pays for this, so I want to take advantage and go to a high quality learning experience. I was thinking of attending the AAPA conference, but wanted to explore what else is out there.

RETWEET. 

What would actually be helpful for me? I need something quick for while in clinic but also maybe something to study and read up from at home ( I have my cecil text from diadactic but its so big and takes forever to sift through)

Archived