Vacation/Sick time

I am trying to find out what the average time off is for an experienced physican assistant. I know it varies depending on field but I just need a direction that has actual numbers either in country or certain states. Like a report or something that I can present to them. I currently only get 10 days off a year which 5 are pre-determined. 6 holidays and 3 CME. I know it is very low but need facts to show them before they will give me more. PLease if anyone knows where I can get this information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

I think you will find wide variability. I work in an urgent care and we are only closed 3 days a week. It is a 7 day a week operation. So beyond those 3 days we are closed we have no holidays and those days are unpaid unless you want to use PTO.

We get 240 hours of PTO, 5 days of CME and some odd days like 3 days if you have a death in the family.

32 minutes ago, SoCal_PA said:

I think I am pretty lucky. I get 9 paid holidays off, 5 weeks PTO, 1 week CME, and I think one week's worth of sick days (I've never used one. I'm not sure on that). This is my second year out of school 

nice. I get 4 weeks. That girl Brittany is getting taken advantage of for sure..

She is really being physician's assistant not PA

Guest UVAPAC

3 weeks PTO

6 national holidays

4 rolling holidays

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Total paid days off a year:  25

32 minutes ago, BrittanyLee8604 said:

Do you think AAPA annual salary report also discusses time off? I hate to spend $200 just to find out it doesnt.

Yes, Table 37 Number of paid days off provided by Primary Employer by State

Table 38 number of Paid days off offered by Primary Employer by type of time off and experience

my last job gave me $1750 for cme/licenses/dea. basically enough for 1 conference. also a "large contract em group". That being said, they treated me very well otherwise, like paying for 30 hrs of OR time to get a bunch of intubations required for credentialing at one of their facilities. 

Started with 3 weeks vacation, now 4 weeks after 1 year employment (I'm told it doesn't increase from there).  Also have 5 days CME with I think 10 days sick/personal time.

They don't really care how CME time is used, just as long as CME is completed each year.  I get UpToDate through my employer so used that for CME this year and took extra 5 days vacation!

On 8/21/2018 at 2:23 PM, sas5814 said:

I think you will find wide variability. I work in an urgent care and we are only closed 3 days a week. It is a 7 day a week operation. So beyond those 3 days we are closed we have no holidays and those days are unpaid unless you want to use PTO.

We get 240 hours of PTO, 5 days of CME and some odd days like 3 days if you have a death in the family.

Closed Only 3 days a week? 

Archived