No Invites to Interview

Hello all! I am a first time applicant this cycle applying to 8 schools, only 3 of which have rolling admissions, with a 3.8 GPA (Biology Major) and 4000 PCE hours Hospital Transport CNA/ 1 to 1 CNA/ ER CNA. My CASPA application was verified on July 27th, which I suppose is kind of late/ mid cycle for applications from what I have read. My question is has most schools contacted their applications about interviews already? I know some schools have different time frames for this, but I am getting nervous as I have not received any invite interviews and I see a lot of posts about going to interviews already. Now I would like to also state that I understand that getting an invite is difficult and not at all a given. I don't want to sound like I expect them right away, if at all, or come off big headed. My concern is just whether or not invites are normally sent by now for most programs. Thank you for any response in advance!

You have good stats so I wouldn't worry. It is probably just because your application was verified later. Even people who applied in May or June had to wait a good 1 month before hearing anything and they applied early. I applied ~2 weeks earlier than you did and I am still waiting on all the schools I applied to except for one where I got an interview. I am impatient when it comes to waiting, but the season is still long. Good luck, hope you hear from your schools soon. 

6 minutes ago, MyPath said:

Good luck, hope you hear from your schools soon. 

Thank you so much! I hope your interview goes well! I am also impatient to be honest... kinda hard not to be with all of the money and time put into the application process on the line! Anyway thanks for the response and I wish you the best of luck!

51 minutes ago, UGoLong said:

I don’t know where you applied, but our school is just starting to review applications.

Good to know thanks for the info! I applied to Carroll, Concordia, UNMC, DMU, Harding, Rocky Mountain, Hardin-Simmons, and Dubuque. Hopefully they haven't sent out interview invites yet like your school. Thank you UGoLong!

55 minutes ago, jakeandreasen7 said:

Good to know thanks for the info! I applied to Carroll, Concordia, UNMC, DMU, Harding, Rocky Mountain, Hardin-Simmons, and Dubuque. Hopefully they haven't sent out interview invites yet like your school. Thank you UGoLong!

I would look at each school’s specific thread on this forum. That’ll tell you if people are already getting invites. I know Harding and Hardin-Simmons have already given some out. Hardin-Simmons has already invited maybe their 3rd round? And Harding has only invited their first round I think according to the thread. There’s still plenty of chances though, so don’t get too discouraged! I was verified 6/13 and have only heard back from 2 of 7 schools. 

4 hours ago, jakeandreasen7 said:

I know some schools have different time frames for this, but I am getting nervous as I have not received any invite interviews and I see a lot of posts about going to interviews already.

Have you seen posts about applicants going to interviews at the programs you applied to?

I have only heard back from half the programs I applied to and I know many start interviewing in September. If it eases your worries check the threads for each school and see when the first invites were last cycle: https://www.physicianassistantforum.com/forum/327-physician-assistant-schools/

24 minutes ago, panglossian said:

Have you seen posts about applicants going to interviews at the programs you applied to?

A few yes, which is a little discouraging! I didn't know if this could be due to me being verified later than them though. Also my number one program choice is UNMC. They don't do rolling admissions and don't send invite letters until September so this still keeps my hopes alive! Thanks for the response!

33 minutes ago, lctexas4 said:

There’s still plenty of chances though, so don’t get too discouraged!

Thanks lctexas! I will try not to, but it is kind of a twittling the thumbs type of thing! I am constantly checking my email!

Archived