South College-Atlanta

Guest Kittycat

Congrats! Me too! We should add each other. Also, good luck to everyone in the rest of the cycle! You all got this! ?

1 hour ago, ems94 said:

Was accepted at yesterdays interview session!! Good luck to all the rest of the cycle!

Edited by Kittycat

Congrats to those of you who have received interviews and acceptances! Did you all submit a supplemental as well as the CASPA? I received an email stating they had received my CASPA, GRE scores and supplemental application but I haven’t even done a separate supplemental yet? 

17 hours ago, mjrob said:

Congrats to those of you who have received interviews and acceptances! Did you all submit a supplemental as well as the CASPA? I received an email stating they had received my CASPA, GRE scores and supplemental application but I haven’t even done a separate supplemental yet? 

Hey, yes there is a separate supplemental application that is linked on their website. Thats also where you pay the supplemental fee. There are different ones for all 3 different locations.

16 hours ago, cgarbison said:

For those of who have interviewed, what are the facility and the faculty like?

Amazing facility and faculty! Some of the faculty was from the Knoxville location and came down to Atlanta for the interview and some were Atlanta specific faculty. The building was brand new! They just opened a month before the interview and they still had construction people in there installing some of the technology. By the time school starts for PA, they will have administrative offices on the first floor and classrooms all ready to go on the second!

5 hours ago, jmelville said:

Just got it too! Interesting, I wonder if they send this out for all developing programs?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Are you speaking of the email sent out by CASPA? 
Do you think the email is "confirming" that they did not receive accreditation? 

Are you speaking of the email sent out by CASPA? 
Do you think the email is "confirming" that they did not receive accreditation? 
Yup. And I'm not sure, I was wondering the same thing. Is this standard or specific to South? I emailed them (the accreditation committee) to ask for more details, so will update here if I hear anything back!

16 hours ago, jmelville said:

Yup. And I'm not sure, I was wondering the same thing. Is this standard or specific to South? I emailed them (the accreditation committee) to ask for more details, so will update here if I hear anything back!

Please keep us updated! Not sure if I want to email them back about getting a refund...

7 minutes ago, PAsam said:

Please keep us updated! Not sure if I want to email them back about getting a refund...

I got a response from them saying to contact the program directly for an exact timeline. Looking around their site though, I did find that the month stated for when they will have a review and know their accreditation status is June 2019.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jmelville said:

I got a response from them saying to contact the program directly for an exact timeline. Looking around their site though, I did find that the month stated for when they will have a review and know their accreditation status is June 2019.

I got that same response. When I interviewed at South in October, they told us that their accreditation materials were due to ARC-PA in January, they will be having a preliminary site visit in March, and the official accreditation meeting is in June

On 10/18/2018 at 2:18 PM, ems94 said:

I got that same response. When I interviewed at South in October, they told us that their accreditation materials were due to ARC-PA in January, they will be having a preliminary site visit in March, and the official accreditation meeting is in June

If it makes you feel better, South has pasted every ARC PA accreditation visit over the last 12 years. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...