Jump to content

Adventist University Orlando 2018-2019 Cycle


Recommended Posts

Does anyone know what is their interview format? Like group interview, one-on-one, any write up on-site, etc.? Also how many candidates do they normally interview? Trying to know my chances of getting in being an out-of-state candidate. Any insights about the interview will be really appreciated!

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Futurepa96 said:

They said for the interview it’s an essay and then a group project and then an interview?? Sounds very extensive haha they just sent the email today 

yes, does anyone knows how to prepare for the essay and group project? I have interview on dec 6th and I am very nervous after getting yesterday's email:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, PAstudent87 said:

yes, does anyone knows how to prepare for the essay and group project? I have interview on dec 6th and I am very nervous after getting yesterday's email:(

I got nervous too and was thinking if there's anyone who have previously interviewed from last year can provide any feedback about the group project and what to expect!

I am interviewing on December, 3rd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, PRT11 said:

I agree! Need some inputs about how to prepare for the essay and group activity. I get interviewed on Dec 03! 

I am also interviewing on Dec 3rd! Wish we could get some helpful insight on what to expect. Also, are any of you interviewing not of Adventist Faith? Want to know how diverse their overall invites are.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:31 PM, rdz03 said:

I am also interviewing on Dec 3rd! Wish we could get some helpful insight on what to expect. Also, are any of you interviewing not of Adventist Faith? Want to know how diverse their overall invites are.  

I am a practicing catholic but would like to attend any christian based school; that is actually an attracting feature about this school and any faith based school (for me)

Edited by padh30
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys! My name is Vicky Tirado and I am a current PA student here (first year/second trimester). Just wanted to give you all a little insight from a current student's perspective because I know far too well how it feels to be in your shoes and the anxiety that comes along with it. I just wanted to let you know that when I applied, I didn't hear back until the end of nov/early dec from what I can remember. They do their interviews all during the same time frame= no rolling admissions. I am so so sooo proud to be a PA student at this university for many reasons: 1. small class size. This has allowed the entire PA program including the students, staff, and faculty to become one big family. Everyone knows you by a first name basis and you become really close to your peers and faculty. 2. Faith-based education. Teaches us how to be more compassionate, treat the patient and not the disease, and has a lot of perks including free breakfast every Wednesday where our chaplains pray for/with us, our professors (some of them) pray for us before we start class or have an exam, etc. The vibes that you get when coming to this university as well as even during your interview makes you feel at home, comfortable, loved, wanted, appreciated, etc. You don't have to be spiritual or religious to come here; we have plenty of students as well as in our program that came here not because they are religious, but because of the warm and fuzzy vibes that AHU gives off. Oh and btw, our university is now Adventhealth University and is no longer Adventist University of Health sciences. 3. Our professors are amazing, patient, are never condescending, and genuinely care about not only us passing the PANCE, but actually care about US as a person, and our well-being. I'm so happy I chose this school, and I wish you guys all the best of luck! I highly recommend our program. If you have any other questions, I will be around for one of the interview days, but everyone in our cohort is super friendly, kind, and will be pleased to answer any questions you may have. And again, I know the struggle of waiting around for an email or phone call for an interview, and also know the stress of the actual interview itself. Just literally, be yourself, know why you want to become a PA and why our school, know in detail what a PA does vs. other healthcare providers, and always be receptive from your interviewer's feedback. God bless! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TiradoVicky said:

Hey guys! My name is Vicky Tirado and I am a current PA student here (first year/second trimester). Just wanted to give you all a little insight from a current student's perspective because I know far too well how it feels to be in your shoes and the anxiety that comes along with it. I just wanted to let you know that when I applied, I didn't hear back until the end of nov/early dec from what I can remember. They do their interviews all during the same time frame= no rolling admissions. I am so so sooo proud to be a PA student at this university for many reasons: 1. small class size. This has allowed the entire PA program including the students, staff, and faculty to become one big family. Everyone knows you by a first name basis and you become really close to your peers and faculty. 2. Faith-based education. Teaches us how to be more compassionate, treat the patient and not the disease, and has a lot of perks including free breakfast every Wednesday where our chaplains pray for/with us, our professors (some of them) pray for us before we start class or have an exam, etc. The vibes that you get when coming to this university as well as even during your interview makes you feel at home, comfortable, loved, wanted, appreciated, etc. You don't have to be spiritual or religious to come here; we have plenty of students as well as in our program that came here not because they are religious, but because of the warm and fuzzy vibes that AHU gives off. Oh and btw, our university is now Adventhealth University and is no longer Adventist University of Health sciences. 3. Our professors are amazing, patient, are never condescending, and genuinely care about not only us passing the PANCE, but actually care about US as a person, and our well-being. I'm so happy I chose this school, and I wish you guys all the best of luck! I highly recommend our program. If you have any other questions, I will be around for one of the interview days, but everyone in our cohort is super friendly, kind, and will be pleased to answer any questions you may have. And again, I know the struggle of waiting around for an email or phone call for an interview, and also know the stress of the actual interview itself. Just literally, be yourself, know why you want to become a PA and why our school, know in detail what a PA does vs. other healthcare providers, and always be receptive from your interviewer's feedback. God bless! 

Vicky, thank you so much! Your input and experience makes me beyond excited for the interview! From the details received interview day will consist of an essay and group project, before our individual interviews... is there anything you think may be helpful or specifically focused on for each section?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey there! The essay part of my interview last year was honestly a blur, which is a good thing because from what I can recall, it was very straight forward and probably the easiest part of the interview. The group project was the most daunting part for me because they have you do a really random team building exercise and observe how you work in a team, but also as a leader. Make sure to shine, but don't be bossy (obviously), and just show them that you're a great team player, because the whole nature of the PA profession is being able to work in collaboration/as a team. The interview part was what I was most nervous about but they really have a way of putting you at ease, unlike other places I interviewed it. I didn't feel like I was being interrogated, and it just felt like I was meant to be there. I hope you all get the same sense of well-being during your interviews. Excited to meet you guys! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2018 at 3:30 PM, TiradoVicky said:

Hey there! The essay part of my interview last year was honestly a blur, which is a good thing because from what I can recall, it was very straight forward and probably the easiest part of the interview. The group project was the most daunting part for me because they have you do a really random team building exercise and observe how you work in a team, but also as a leader. Make sure to shine, but don't be bossy (obviously), and just show them that you're a great team player, because the whole nature of the PA profession is being able to work in collaboration/as a team. The interview part was what I was most nervous about but they really have a way of putting you at ease, unlike other places I interviewed it. I didn't feel like I was being interrogated, and it just felt like I was meant to be there. I hope you all get the same sense of well-being during your interviews. Excited to meet you guys! 

Thank you so much for all the information you provided so far. I am very excited and proud that I was able to get this far. I just have few questions about the program itself:

1) How many students do they interview and how many students are in your class (the website says they choose 25)?

2) Are there cadaver labs?

3) Do they have housing options on campus? 

Thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey! Congrats on your interview! To answer your questions: 

1. Every year the amount of students that they interview is different. We have 28 in our class, but started with 30. Not sure how many they plan to interview this year (they don't really discuss that with us). 

2. Yes, we have a real cadaver lab. It is not on campus, but at the Florida Hospital Medical Center across the street. You will have cadaver lab for four hours, twice a week. The time in the lab will fly by because of all of the dissecting and learning you will be doing. 

3. Yes, they do have housing options on campus, but I have heard bad things about it. Most of the people in our cohort chose to live at the Ivy which is a short walk to school and is really nice. It is a bit pricey,  but many people in our class as well as upper classmen recommend it. 

Edited by TiradoVicky
Forgot to mention something
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TiradoVicky said:

Hey! Congrats on your interview! To answer your questions: 

1. Every year the amount of students that they interview is different. We have 28 in our class, but started with 30. Not sure how many they plan to interview this year (they don't really discuss that with us). 

2. Yes, we have a real cadaver lab. It is not on campus, but at the Florida Hospital Medical Center across the street. You will have cadaver lab for four hours, twice a week. The time in the lab will fly by because of all of the dissecting and learning you will be doing. 

3. Yes, they do have housing options on campus, but I have heard bad things about it. Most of the people in our cohort chose to live at the Ivy which is a short walk to school and is really nice. It is a bit pricey,  but many people in our class as well as upper classmen recommend it. 

Thank you so much for the reply; this is more than what I needed to know and I am very excited to check out this school today

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More