Outpatient Vein jobs?

Job offer on the table for an oupt vein clinic. Great benefits, salary, hours, eventual leadership potential. Company has been around >14 yrs, growing. Eventual goal would be to be fairly independent (doing office-based procedures on my own). Procedure heavy type position. Anyone have experience with varicose vein radio frequency ablations, sclerotherapy for spider veins, or the phlebology specialty in general (not vascular surgery)? My biggest concern is that some of the docs in the practice are Board Certified in things such as ED or IM that are also "board certified" in phlebology (American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine) and some also by American Board of Cosmetic Surgery; neither of which seem to be officially endorsed by the AMA or American Board of Medical Specialties. But my research tells me that's the case for a lot of these outpt vein centers. Is that a red flag for anyone here? Seems like a sweet gig but want to be sure I'm not getting into anything sketchy...

Archived