PAtrynabe

Seeking advice from current NHSC Scholars

I was just offered the NHSC scholarship today, and while I'm excited about it, I'm a little worried about finding a job at a qualifying health center when I graduate in 2 years. When I checked the HRSA workforce connector, there were far fewer openings for PAs than there were for other practitioners (esp MD/DO). I'm wondering, did any PAs who are current or former NHSC scholars have trouble finding a good job at a qualifying site? Did anyone have to "settle" for a lower salary or less desirable place to live? I would love to hear about your experiences. Thanks in advance for helping me out. I have to decide within 1 week whether I will accept the scholarship or not.

• Like 1

Will be diligently waiting for a response to your questions. I am interested in the NHSC scholarship program and have many of the same concerns after perusing the connector tool you mentioned. Please update us if you find other information!

Edited by JennaBrinker