Success with Rosh/Dwayne Williams books?

Can anyone comment on the success they had using  Rosh (question bank, ZBlocks, Mock  PANCE) and/or Dwayne Williams' books (PANCE Prep Pearls, PANCE/PANRE Question Book)?

My PANCE is in 1 week. I've been using Rosh all clinical year & did a reset a month ago. Now I'm thru 40% of their question bank., supplementing with the PANCE/PANRE Q-Book, 200/600 questions done. My NCCPA practice exam 1 week ago had my entire black bar in the green zone. I'd like to stay the course but hoping to hear others success with this method with hopes of calming my nerves.

• 1 month later...

Hi! Now that you've taken the PANCE, can you comment on how the Rosh Review questions compared to actual PANCE questions? Do you have any advice for a PA student 6 months away from graduating? I'm hoping to take the test 2 weeks after graduation, and it's hard to find advice regarding a study schedule! Thanks!

@pab2brid for 6 months out, you're at a good time to figure out a study plan.  I'd look at the NCCPA PANCE blueprint and make a plan to go through those topics and study them (causes, diagnostics, treatment) and spend more time on those with greater percentage of questions (like cards, pulm, GI, MSK).  This will help you figure out your weaker points.  Then as you get closer and you've covered all of those topics, focus on practice questions - whether it be from Rosh, Exammaster, packrat, etc.  I didn't do many practice questions because I typically test well and don't get test anxiety, but I felt it would have been helpful to get used to approaching these topics in question format and can help time management as well.

4 hours ago, Blynn12 said:

@pab2brid for 6 months out, you're at a good time to figure out a study plan.  I'd look at the NCCPA PANCE blueprint and make a plan to go through those topics and study them (causes, diagnostics, treatment) and spend more time on those with greater percentage of questions (like cards, pulm, GI, MSK).  This will help you figure out your weaker points.  Then as you get closer and you've covered all of those topics, focus on practice questions - whether it be from Rosh, Exammaster, packrat, etc.  I didn't do many practice questions because I typically test well and don't get test anxiety, but I felt it would have been helpful to get used to approaching these topics in question format and can help time management as well.

Thanks for the reply @Blynn12! Sounds like I should have all of the topics covered quite sometime before graduation. This is so helpful and puts a fire under me to be more hardcore these next few months. I appreciate the help! 

Archived