Davis's book/PANCE books

Has anyone used the Davis's PA Exam Review Book? Anyone recommend it? I've been reading the posts on the many books used and no one has mentioned this one.

I'm studying for the PANCE and I have the AAPA book, Davis's book, Current, and exam master. Should be sufficient?? Should I get Van Rhea? Anyone try the PANCE Flashcard Book?

Thanks!

hey - honestly the one thing i saw that was common among many posts was van rhee book (he has a new edition out), purple/yellow aapa book, kaplan question bank and datachem. cant go wrong with those. not so sure about davis' book, dont have it or barely remember anyone talking about.

I studied with the Van Rhee, AAPA book and got the Davis book about 1 month out from the test. The Davis book is very humbling, as the questions are more in-depth and require more thought and problem solving.

I found the Van Rhee to be a fairly easy review, and think that it would likely be insufficient on it's own. I would frequently study through a system in Van Rhee, review- do well, then switch to the Davis and feel like I knew nothing. One thing I didn't like about the Van Rhee is that once you go through the book, you will start memorizing the questions, not necessarily the information. That said, I don't think the VR is a bad guide- just not enough if you were thinking of using it as your only review.

The AAPA book is better, and covers all the points you will see on the test.

If I had it to do over again, I would probably use the AAPA as my main, and supplement with Davis or one of the online question sites that have been mentioned in other posts. Just make sure you have a couple months of time, as the Davis guide is not one you would want to pick up 2 weeks before test day----might make you think of jumping off a tall building somewhere. XD

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

Archived