ED offer for new grad

Hello, I figured I'd post an ED offer I accepted with a well-known national company. I like to read offers and feedback that others have posted here and thought that this was a pretty good offer. So basically just posting this for other new grads to see that they shouldnt take low-ball offers and know their worth

Salary: 101,800 starting with 8% increase at 1 year and at 3 years.

Incentive program of an added $5 per hour if metrics are met

Hours: 140 per month

Any additional hours are paid at $60/hour, then $65 at 1 year, then $70 at year 3

CME: $2000 with company offering many free online CMEs

Licenses are NOT paid by employer but one can use CME towards it

PTO: 144 hours per year, with pay-out if not used

40 hours per year of long term sick

8 paid holidays

malpractice and tail covered

401k with .5% match up to 6% after a year

insurance, vision, dental paid by employee

Good: Salary, schedule, bonus, PTO, 401k sucks that first year but then is industry standard for year 2

Bad: -licenses (your CME will get eaten up every year), -insurance (Definitely offsets the nice salaray, especially when you add a family)

Not every new grad offer is perfect and this is certainly a solid job out of school but not likely a career place. Get some good experience for two or three years and then hit hard for renegotiation if you like working there or a new shop. at that point you will deserve better.

1 hour ago, Orthohand said:

Good: Salary, schedule, bonus, PTO, 401k sucks that first year but then is industry standard for year 2

Bad: -licenses (your CME will get eaten up every year), -insurance (Definitely offsets the nice salaray, especially when you add a family)

Not every new grad offer is perfect and this is certainly a solid job out of school but not likely a career place. Get some good experience for two or three years and then hit hard for renegotiation if you like working there or a new shop. at that point you will deserve better.

Didn't notice that insurance wasn't covered... that is definitely a big negative...

Wish that my licenses were covered too and separate from my CME.

13 hours ago, davidccs said:

Yeah my wife works at a different hospital system as a NP and her insurance is almost half of what mine would be... we'll be staying on hers

It's good for you that you have another source of insurance, but that doesn't mean YOUR employer should get away with not compensating you fairly. What if your wife lost her job? Or she couldn't work? Or if your employer bought her hospital and cancelled her insurance too?

You should take the difference in cost from your family plan and your wife's and add that to your salary.

Industry standard, every industry, is employer sponsered plan...unless the GOP keeps the House and Senate...

Archived