Virginia: University of Lynchburg 2018-19

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Tnlewis said:

Just got my interview invite for 12/14 on 10/29! Supplemental confirmed on 10/3. I am the happiest person ever right now ?

5 hours ago, DMBPA said:

Just got my interview invite for 12/14/18 on 10/29! Supplemental confirmed on 10/2 for me.  Looks like they are sending them out right now for the December month. Best of luck.

Are you both from Virginia or no? 

Also, congratulations!!!

4 hours ago, TMayne2 said:

Did they email you or did you receive a phone call? I called the other day and asked if they had seen my supplemental. They said that they had received it, that the graduate admissions department had cashed the check but that they had not looked at my application yet. When did you submit your supplemental? I submitted mine on the 10/22/18 and am surprised I have not heard back by now.

I sent in my supplemental on 10/10/18. They sent me a confirmation email on 10/29/18 that they had received it, and then I was offered an interview on 11/2/18 by email as well. Today 11/7/18 I got an email with the schedule/details for the interview day. 

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:13 PM, msw11 said:

I sent in my supplemental on 10/10/18. They sent me a confirmation email on 10/29/18 that they had received it, and then I was offered an interview on 11/2/18 by email as well. Today 11/7/18 I got an email with the schedule/details for the interview day. 

Excellent. Thanks for providing me with your example time frame. That eases my anxieties a ton ?

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:56 PM, CapPA said:

I applied on Oct. 17th, should I be worried if I haven't heard back yet?

By "applied", do you mean that you submitted your CASPA application on the 17th or do you mean that you submitted your supplemental application on Oct 17th? If you mean your CASPA application, if it was verified and they have already sent you the confirmation email that they have received your application, it is a little late but they will still look at it. As far as your supplemental application goes, I submitted mine on October 22nd (literally the last possible day you could have submitted it) and I have not heard back yet either. I hope in telling you this that your nerves will be calmed. Other people that have submitted the supplemental application have heard back from U of L regarding an interview but others have not.

I would not stress. I know it is hard but this is just the nature of the PA school application process. It is very competitive and the large volume of applicants causes delays in the evaluation process. Keep your mind occupied. Go earn some more PCE hours and continue your education as a healthcare professional to keep bettering yourself as an applicant! You never know what can happen and you can't stay stagnant. Being idle while you are waiting to hear back from schools is one of the worst things you can do as a current/returning applicant. So just stay positive and keep grinding and your hard work will pay off!

Just gave up interview spot. This was one of the hardest decisions I’ve had to make as the University of Lynchburg was one of my favorite programs. However, I have already received an acceptance to a program that I  just can’t say no to.

I really hope that this gives someone the news they want to hear. This program is so impressive! The fact that you can earn a DMSc is incredible. 

Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 3:56 PM, futurephysassist said:

Can anyone who interviewed on 12-14-18 please explain how the interview process was? Any info would be much appreciated!

Start out with a 30 minute introduction by the dean about the day and introduction of the faculty. After that you are put into groups of 5 or 6 people and go into small rooms for 1 hour of group activity. Not to give too much away, they ask some questions and see how you respond individually and as a group. Nothing you can do really to prepare for that. After that you break for 15 minutes and then for the next 2 and half hours, you are either given a tour of the facilities, interacting with 1st year students, faculty, or interviewees in the main classroom, or you are officially interviewing. You interview 3 different times with either 2 or 3 faculty, so at the end each faculty member has gotten to interact with you. After that is done, you have a final hour of power point slides about the program and answer any questions. Overall, the interviews were fairly laid back, but it is an interview. Best of luck on your day, it is a great program, and I will be going there in May.

Archived