Virginia: University of Lynchburg 2018-19

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatgirlonabike

I've been doing some research on the school and thinking about submitting.   I'm hesitant to apply to religious schools-- But thinking I might broaden my application.  

• 2 weeks later...

Applied June 12th and received supplemental application 8/17.

To thatgirlonabike- University of Lynchburg isn't a religious school. You are getting it confused with Liberty University in Lynchburg which is a very religious school. Lynchburg College just changed their name to University of Lynchburg on July 1st. 

• 2 weeks later...

They sent that accidental email out 2 minutes after I received the initial supplemental application email. I called two weeks ago to confirm my package got to the office and now I am waiting to hear back from them, no email about supplemental application received yet, but phone call confirmation.

• 2 weeks later...

Stated in early messages in this thread, I applied early June and someone else applied late May and we both received our supplemental application on August 17th. So it looks like roughly two months before you hear if they are moving forward with you or not. Maybe you hear sooner since we are now in the heart of application season. 

Good luck.

I just received email confirmation that my supplemental application was received now. It arrived back to U of L on August 27th and I didn't hear back until today, October 2nd. Also, the email states, the review process normally takes 45 days. Frustrating as I have already waited over a month to hear back from them. I am assuming the first round of interviews are not until November anyways as it looks that way from past cycle year posts in here.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, realworldgirlx said:

Hey,

For those who submitted a supplemental application, how do they want you to submit your pa shadowing hours. Do they have a form that the pa has to sign or can you upload a letter from them?

With the supplemental there is a page to write the shadowing experience and have the PA sign it. I sent mine electronically to the PA and had them send it back to me. 

28 minutes ago, brittbarba said:

With the supplemental there is a page to write the shadowing experience and have the PA sign it. I sent mine electronically to the PA and had them send it back to me. 

Hey thanks for the response! Do you think an electronic signature would be acceptable?

12 minutes ago, realworldgirlx said:

Hey thanks for the response! Do you think an electronic signature would be acceptable?

I think that would be a great question for the program, but I don't see why it would be an issue. Especially given that PA's are most likely busy with their patients and would prefer to sign it that way. 

The electronic signature would be ideal. Personal experience for hand-signature: I drove over to the PA's office  to get signature, (which she knew I was coming), but I had to wait 30 minutes just for to be able to come out for 3 minutes and brief hello and sign it. I wish I had utilized electronic signature as it would be easier for both of us and I would assume University of Lynchburg would have no issue with electronic signature.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TMayne2 said:

Hey everyone,

So I recently submitted my secondary application on the 22nd and I feel so stupid. I put so much work into my CASPA application and my secondary application. After I submitted my application, I was rereading essay required for the secondary application so that my girlfriend could hear what I wrote since I thought it was pretty good. However, I noticed a typo in the last sentence of the first paragraph. The rest of the essay is flawless and so was the rest of my application. I have a great undergraduate and graduate school GPAs (3.6 and 3.4 respectively), a decent GRE score (not stellar by any means because standardized tests are not my thing at all), good letters of recommendation and a very solid personal statement. I am just worried this one mistake will have me over looked by this school. I applied to 15 schools this year and I have been reading through the posts for all of those respective PA schools and noticed almost all of those schools have had students come and interview and have accepted students into their programs. I really want/need to get into school this year and just wanted some advice/ encouragement. When should I hear back that I have been granted an interview or not?

Hi I’ll try to be as helpful as I can. From what I understand- and this may be wrong- receiving the supplemental already shows they are interested in you (if I’m wrong someone let me know but I believe that not everyone gets the supplemental). I know an current student and she thinks that interviews will most likely be conducted in December and we will know if we are granted one sometime in November. I can’t be the judge of the typo affecting your application but if it was a solid paper otherwise I would hope the admissions committee would be understanding! I understand that fear though because this process is sooooo competitive and it seems that every little thing counts. Best of luck to you getting into school! 

Archived