Applicants for January 2020 start

5 minutes ago, Mef1234 said:

I still cannot believe that I have not heard anything! It is been 60 days today! I looked back through the email, and it said either way we would know. 

Same here! My 60 days ended Saturday, so I am starting to get nervous. Hoping we hear something in the next day or so. It took a while for them to actually send out interview dates so I am hoping they are just a couple of days behind.

2 minutes ago, LauraSiS said:

Same here! My 60 days ended Saturday, so I am starting to get nervous. Hoping we hear something in the next day or so. It took a while for them to actually send out interview dates so I am hoping they are just a couple of days behind.

I think it may be 60 business days. Otherwise my 60 days was up over a week ago. We just have to be patient!! 

Hello everyone! Current 2nd year here! I know you are all nervous, and excited during this process! This year they are pushing the first set of interviews back a month, remember this is a January start, so they are hosting the interviews later into the spring and usually another set the first few weeks of June. The first year class just started, so I would try to be patient since most of the faculty are busy bees getting everyone off on the right foot. I know its the most agonizing wait ever, trust me. I was there. I also had really long wait times with no communication, so it's not totally abnormal. Its just tough when the application window is open for so so long, it feels like forever. Keep your chins up! 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I just gave up my interview seat for April 6th. I was really looking forward to this interview, but i'm in CA and recently got accepted at a school 20 minutes drive from home so it was just too good an opportunity to pass up. Hopefully this opens up an interview seat for one of you. Best of luck!! 

On 3/7/2019 at 12:04 PM, paschoollover said:

Does anyone know how the interview process is? Any tips on what to expect?

I just want to say as a disclaimer, I am basing this off of my own interview experience, and the interviews for the class that entered in Jan 2019. The program is always trying to improve things, so I can't say with 100% certainty that this is how it will go for the upcoming interviews. 

The interviews here are fairly personal and an all day event. Because they only interview 75-ish people total they spend a lot of time with each applicant. Typically they will do:

• 4-5 personal interviews with you and 2 faculty that last about 15-20 minutes each
  • A group interview with you and a handful of other applicants
  • Essay
  • Tour of the facilities

Down time between your individual or group interviews will be spent with current students and the other applicants. They will also provide lunch. 

Edited by yellek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 6:00 PM, yellek said:
  • How is your experience so far in your first year?
    • It has been REALLY good! Very stressful and a lot of work, but absolutely worth it. 
  • How many applicants does Clarkson typically interview? 
    • Clarkson typically interviews over two weekends (a Friday and Saturday), around March and June. This totals 4 interview days with about 18 interviewee's each day. In total, Clarkson interviews about 75 interviewees for 30 seats. 
  •  how much notice time did you have when they invited you for interview? 
    • I received my invitation to interview around mid December for a March interview. I had loads of time to prepare. However, there have been situations where an interviewee contacts the department last minute stating they will not be coming to the interview and they try to fill that spot. They try to give interviewees as much time as possible to prepare. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. I am happy to answer. 

Thank you for all the information! I am also interviewing at Clarkson. How long after the interview did it take to be notified on your status? Thanks!

1 minute ago, skijumper12 said:

I interviewed on Friday and got the call yesterday afternoon.  Only had to battle through 40 something rejection letters over the years 

Welp congrats! How many times have you had to apply? I interviewed Friday as well and haven’t received a call, so I’m pretty certain it’s a waitlist or rejection at this point.