Applicants for January 2020 start

On 8/5/2018 at 5:11 PM, applicant24 said:

Hi! I know the deadline for this program is March 2019. Would it be a good thing to submit earlier than that? 

Definitely. They are on a rolling admission. First interviews are held in March and the second set around June. If you do not submit until March, you will miss any opportunity to be selected for the March interviews.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @EMTtoPAC, I am a current 1st yr student with Clarkson. When I applied there was a screening process before they sent out invitations for secondary applications. I received confirmation from the school that my application was received and was being screened. 8 days later I received the invitation for the secondary application.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 8:11 PM, EMTtoPAC said:

I submitted my app 8/15 and haven't received a confirmation email yet either.

For those who received an email, when did you submit? 

& did they invite you to compete a secondary application at the time of confirmation, or is that a separate email?

Thank you! Good luck everyone! ?

I submitted 7/5, got a confirmation email on 7/23, and got the supplemental link today!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PAtobe33 said:

When did you submit your CASPA? Thanks in advance!

I submitted May 27, got the update email (the one explaining how they were gonna start reviewing apps in September) July 23rd.

I got another email on labor day saying they had closed my application because of a prerequisite, but I called and it was a mistake, so they reopened it.

Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, tillydancer said:

I submitted May 27, got the update email (the one explaining how they were gonna start reviewing apps in September) July 23rd.

I got another email on labor day saying they had closed my application because of a prerequisite, but I called and it was a mistake, so they reopened it.

Hope this helps!

Ok thank you so much for your feedback! I received the email that mine was closed and I just reached out tonight via email! I’m hoping it was a prerequisite error because I applied last year and received the supplemental invite! Thanks again! 

Received the invitation for the supplemental yesterday, so excited! For those of who you also received it- since it's so similar to the CASPA application are you going to copy and paste the descriptions of your duties, or are you going to rephrase? I feel silly just copying the CASPA, but it's just so tedious to rephrase everything. Also, are you typing or handwriting your supplementals?

5 hours ago, agymnast said:

Received the invitation for the supplemental yesterday, so excited! For those of who you also received it- since it's so similar to the CASPA application are you going to copy and paste the descriptions of your duties, or are you going to rephrase? I feel silly just copying the CASPA, but it's just so tedious to rephrase everything. Also, are you typing or handwriting your supplementals?

I re typed everything on mine but that was just my personal preference! I also typed my supplemental! I did the whole thing yesterday and it took me a few hours but I’m going to mail it today ?

On 9/25/2018 at 12:38 PM, lfernan1 said:

Hi! Are do supplemental invitations go to everyone or only some applicants??

They only invite certain applicants to complete the supplemental after reviewing the CASPA application. And then you have 30 days from when you receive the link to complete the application and mail it back

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I have also received the supplemental application link. I have about a week to submit it, but I was just accepted to a PA program at Univ. of Bridgeport. 

Do you think I should submit the supplemental application or just email them and state that I would like to give up my spot? Does anyone have any further info. about this program? I could not find a rank for it on USnews. The accreditation status is continued and the board pass rates are 95% and higher. 

Any info. at all would be appreciated! 

Thank you. 

On 10/2/2018 at 9:34 PM, CCCorson said:

Hello everyone! I have received the supplemental application link, but the personal statement has given me writers block haha how do I again write a killer personal statement that is different than the first and how long is everyone else's? 

I made sure to do my research on the program and then wrote about how the program would help me reach my goals as a PA (Clarkson is my top choice because I'm from upstate NY and already know a lot about the program) mine was a little over a page single-spaced.

1 hour ago, panther23 said:

Hi. Im planning on applying here but I don't have many hours. Does anyone know if they accept applicants with low hours?

• “A minimum of 500 hours of documented and verifiable patient care experience is to be completed by the time of matriculation. 100 hours must be completed at time of application and 300 hours must be complete by the March 1 deadline. Applicants with compensated hours of direct patient care will have an advantage. Patient care experience is considered by two factors, quality and quantity. A heavy emphasis is placed on the quality of the experience.  The program defines quality as hands on responsibility for the patient. Those that have not met the required hours by time of application must demonstrate a plan to obtain the remaining hours before classes begin if accepted into the program. Shadowing or observation is not accepted as patient care experience.”

Directly from the admissions requirement page!

2 minutes ago, sdebar said:
  • “A minimum of 500 hours of documented and verifiable patient care experience is to be completed by the time of matriculation. 100 hours must be completed at time of application and 300 hours must be complete by the March 1 deadline. Applicants with compensated hours of direct patient care will have an advantage. Patient care experience is considered by two factors, quality and quantity. A heavy emphasis is placed on the quality of the experience.  The program defines quality as hands on responsibility for the patient. Those that have not met the required hours by time of application must demonstrate a plan to obtain the remaining hours before classes begin if accepted into the program. Shadowing or observation is not accepted as patient care experience.”

Directly from the admissions requirement page!

Thanks yea I read that! But do you know if they generally take students with 500 hours or do they accept students that far exceed the requirement?

On 9/15/2018 at 6:41 AM, yellek said:

Hi @EMTtoPAC, I am a current 1st yr student with Clarkson. When I applied there was a screening process before they sent out invitations for secondary applications. I received confirmation from the school that my application was received and was being screened. 8 days later I received the invitation for the secondary application.

Thank you @yellek ! I mailed my secondary the first week of october & received the confirmation email that the supplemental was received on 10/17. 

How is your experience so far in your first year?

How many applicants does Clarkson typically interview? 

& how much notice time did you have when they invited you for interview? 

Sorry for so many Qs. TIA! Good luck in your studies! ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 3:08 PM, EMTtoPAC said:

Thank you @yellek ! I mailed my secondary the first week of october & received the confirmation email that the supplemental was received on 10/17. 

How is your experience so far in your first year?

How many applicants does Clarkson typically interview? 

& how much notice time did you have when they invited you for interview? 

Sorry for so many Qs. TIA! Good luck in your studies! ?

• How is your experience so far in your first year?
    • It has been REALLY good! Very stressful and a lot of work, but absolutely worth it. 
  • How many applicants does Clarkson typically interview? 
    • Clarkson typically interviews over two weekends (a Friday and Saturday), around March and June. This totals 4 interview days with about 18 interviewee's each day. In total, Clarkson interviews about 75 interviewees for 30 seats. 
  •  how much notice time did you have when they invited you for interview? 
    • I received my invitation to interview around mid December for a March interview. I had loads of time to prepare. However, there have been situations where an interviewee contacts the department last minute stating they will not be coming to the interview and they try to fill that spot. They try to give interviewees as much time as possible to prepare. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. I am happy to answer. 

• Like 1