Malpractice in California.

What is the statute of limitation for filing a malpractice claim in CA? I currently work full time in ortho and wondering if I should buy tail (not covered) if I leave one day. I know as long as my employer keeps malpractice I should be good, but what if they switch coverage to another company?

It is almost a moot point especially if you see pediatric patients, since they can sue until they are 21.

And, if any heir is under 21, they can also sue until they are 21 in the case of wrongful death.

And courts frequently waffle on the point of when the plaintiff knew, or should have known, about the injury.

Get a tail! 

5 hours ago, rpackelly said:

It is almost a moot point especially if you see pediatric patients, since they can sue until they are 21.

And, if any heir is under 21, they can also sue until they are 21 in the case of wrongful death.

And courts frequently waffle on the point of when the plaintiff knew, or should have known, about the injury.

Get a tail! 

Rarely do I see pediatric patients (definitely <5% of practice). I'm definitely going to look into it if/when I leave my position. Thanks!

Archived