Mercy College 2018-2019 cycle

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that people are turning down or considering turning down this interview. If you've been accepted elsewhere, great! If you think you'll get accepted elsewhere, great! As for me, I will definitely be attending the interview and would encourage others to do the same. I have faith that the program will have full accreditation status by the time I am a (potential) student here, and if they fail come their July 2019 evaluation, then I will reapply to other programs next cycle. In the meantime, I am keeping my options open. It isn't easy to make this decision for some because many of us do not have the funds to take a chance on a program that is on probation, but if you are thinking about it, then you should! My plane ticket is bought and paid for, so if there are any others attending the 11/16 interview, feel free to PM me so we can grab lunch or something!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I got my invitation for an interview on Dec 20th.

It is scheduled for Jan 8th at 1pm, I think they are group interviews so lmk if you’ll be there too.

This is the first interview offer I have received so I’m very excited and a little nervous about it. 

Apparently Mercy has a class size of 65 which is bigger than most, so I’m hopeful I’ll get accepted. 

Hello, I have a question for the people that interviewed already. Is it a group interview? What is the interview like? I received an interview for January 9. I wanted to know what would the writing portion be about. They asked to bring writing material with us to the interview. This is the first interview I received, so I am very nervous. I would really appreciate it, if you guys have any tips, etc. Thank You.

On 12/27/2018 at 12:39 PM, TM101 said:

Hello, I have a question for the people that interviewed already. Is it a group interview? What is the interview like? I received an interview for January 9. I wanted to know what would the writing portion be about. They asked to bring writing material with us to the interview. This is the first interview I received, so I am very nervous. I would really appreciate it, if you guys have any tips, etc. Thank You.

It's a series of group interviews (2 with faculty members, 1 with students).

I enjoyed the interview. It was informative, and the faculty was generally kind.

I am sure they switch up the writing topic; from what I've gathered, the writing portion is more about proving that you can write rather than the content of what you write.

Archived