Tips for surgery EOR

Hey guys, do any of you recent grads have any advice for preparing for the surgery PAEA end of rotation exam? I have done well on previous PAEA EOR's, using Rosh Review boost exams. I find the Rosh Review exams difficult, but doable and will score roughly 65-70% on them, and will subsequently earn a high B on PAEA exams. However, i'm 70% through the Rosh Surgery boost exam, and have roughly a 90% score. I feel like it is not going to correlate well with the actual PAEA surg exam, given that surgery is the second lowest scoring average of all the PAEA EORs. Any tips, or anyone have experience using the Rosh Boost exams and have taken all the PAEA EORs?

Thanks

Study GI. 

Get comfortable with GI, study cardio and pulm, maybe a little MSK and endo...

Then study GI again. And again. 

GI is 50% of the test, and it feels like more. I went through the PANCE Prep Pearls GI section like twice, that’s it, and scored well above average.

• 2 weeks later...

My idea of an ortho question from the surgery EOR:

A 16 year-old male presents with knee pain, swelling, and inability to bear weight. The patient states that he was playing soccer when he attempted to suddenly change direction and then felt a "pop" in the affected knee. On exam, Lachman test is positive. What is the best lab test for ruling out pancreatitis in this patient?

Seriously, just study GI a lot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived