Ohio Dominican PA Program 2018-2019

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/24/2018 at 7:33 PM, octane83 said:

Hi everyone!

I'm a current didactic student, so please feel free to ask any questions & I'll try my best to answer them! Hope the application process is treating you all well! ? 

I was wondering about where the clinical rotations are and about their quality.

Also, does it really matter where you go to PA school?

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:34 PM, Marta said:

I was wondering about where the clinical rotations are and about their quality.

Also, does it really matter where you go to PA school?

My friends that are in their clinical year have felt they have gained great opportunities with their placement! Our clinical coordination team works very hard throughout the year to ensure we all have proper educational placements! Also our program has 4 elective rotations which is a cool aspect as some other programs have 3 or fewer!

As for where you go to PA school, we all will sit for the same certifying exam and become PAs. With that being said, choose a program that will give you the best support! Your happiness & health during school should really be taken into account and can really make a difference during this stressful time!

Hi everyone!

I'm a current didactic student, so please feel free to ask any questions & I'll try my best to answer them! Hope the application process is treating you all well! ? 

Would you be able to give me the names of some areas where students tend to look for housing?  From what I gathered at the interview, it's not exactly an area where you can find safe housing within walking distance.  Do most students live alone or do you know of any students who opted to rent a home together?  I've even considered buying and renting at lower cost to fellow pre-PA students if this is something that enough people would be interested in and if the right opportunity arose.  I know it's a long ways away but I'd like to start getting a plan together.  Thank you!

Also do you know when we will be assigned our "buddy/mentor"?  And is there Facebook group or some platform where we can all communicate with each other?

4 hours ago, LenaMarie said:

Would you be able to give me the names of some areas where students tend to look for housing?  From what I gathered at the interview, it's not exactly an area where you can find safe housing within walking distance.  Do most students live alone or do you know of any students who opted to rent a home together?  I've even considered buying and renting at lower cost to fellow pre-PA students if this is something that enough people would be interested in and if the right opportunity arose.  I know it's a long ways away but I'd like to start getting a plan together.  Thank you!

Also do you know when we will be assigned our "buddy/mentor"?  And is there Facebook group or some platform where we can all communicate with each other?

Most of my cohort lives in either Grandview heights/OSU area (about 15 minutes west of ODU's campus) or the Easton area (about 10 minutes north of campus). As for roommates, that varies from person to person. Some people live alone because they function best that way, others live with students in our program & some live with old friends. Totally up to you & what you feel most comfortable with! Your "PALs" are typically assigned in the spring time & we will most likely be reaching out to you! As for the Facebook page, each cohort is responsible for creating their own class page. So feel free to get that up and running & post a link to it in this forum so others who have been accepted can join in! Congrats on your acceptance! ?

Hi everyone!

Hi, do you know when ODU will be holding their last round of interviews? I am giving up hope as I have not yet heard anything from them yet and I submitted early in the summer 

4 hours ago, prepa887 said:

Hi, do you know when ODU will be holding their last round of interviews? I am giving up hope as I have not yet heard anything from them yet and I submitted early in the summer 

Last year ODU held their last interview on Tuesday November 21st. They don't release the interview dates to us, so that's really all I can offer. Stay hopeful though, you'll end up exactly where you need to be!

2 minutes ago, lech08 said:

Has anyone made a facebook page for the class of 2021? If not we should get that started! Also, @Juliag @notofimportance143, I accepted their offer and paid my first deposit, but never heard back. Did they say anything else to either of you?

Did you email the address they provided that you accept your spot? I got a response email when I did. 

Archived