Advice on Next Steps

I recently graduated with a BA in Linguistics and I'm currently in the process of becoming a certified Spanish medical interpreter. I am intending to begin a surgical technology program within the next year or two. After this program I, obviously, want to work as a surgical technologist for a little while. Ultimately, I would like to be a surgical PA. The surgical technology program I'm considering is at a technical school here in Texas that is accredited by the CAAHEP and certified by the NBSTSA. I know most people probably typically get a BS that's strong in sciences and mathematics, but would my training at the technical school along with the few years of work experience be sufficient to get into a PA program? Or do I need to look into get a BS (or even just an associate's) in some kind of science? Are there any other recommended steps any of you would suggest?

Having your bachelors, prereqs, and PCE is what’s important to focus on for PA schools. You don’t need a BS/second bachelors. I had my BA in journalism and did a 9 month surg tech program and worked as a CST to gain PCE while taking all my PA prereqs at community colleges. Worked fine for me. 

Archived