2018-2019 Cycle

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! Me again (I'm the current OU student and student ambassador). Congrats to those of you who have already received interview invites! Our first interviews are today and we have a total (so far, subject to change) of 11 interview days from today though mid December. I don't have any time schedule for when more invites will be sent out, I think it's just based on when staff has time to meet and discuss applicants.

For those of you who will be interviewing with us, just a few notes. Show up a little early, dress is business professional, and try not to stress too bad! All of the staff is super nice and welcoming!

On 10/23/2018 at 8:23 AM, Aria23 said:

Hi everyone! Me again (I'm the current OU student and student ambassador). Congrats to those of you who have already received interview invites! Our first interviews are today and we have a total (so far, subject to change) of 11 interview days from today though mid December. I don't have any time schedule for when more invites will be sent out, I think it's just based on when staff has time to meet and discuss applicants.

For those of you who will be interviewing with us, just a few notes. Show up a little early, dress is business professional, and try not to stress too bad! All of the staff is super nice and welcoming!

Any advice on the interviews? What are the questions like? 

16 minutes ago, marissajanel said:

Has anyone been invited to interview who DIDNT turn in the supplemental right away? I submitted mine day 4 after getting it and I’m curious if that’s why i haven’t heard anything yet? I think I’m a very strong applicant for OU but starting to stress ?

I submitted mine 2 hours after getting it and haven’t been invited either☹️

20 hours ago, Naiaalessandra said:

Any advice on the interviews? What are the questions like? 

I can't tell you what they are going to ask because I don't know so I'll stick to general advice. Different staff members will ask you different things and it's pretty much up to them what they are asking. It might be question driven or it might be conversation driven, there's really no way to tell. Sorry this is so vague but I don't really have a good answer. The best piece of advice I can give you is to prepare with general interview skills so that you are less stressed. From what I've seen, obviously this is a stressful situation and I definitely remember being in interviews and a little stress is good, but too much can make your brain do some weird stuff that is out of your normal character. Everyone that gets an interview is qualified on paper and wrote a good enough personal statement to be towards the top of all of the applicants but the interview is where the staff gets to see how you interact with people and your personality. Use this to your advantage! Think of it as everyone who gets an interview is pretty much on an even playing field so you need to let your best traits shine through on interview day! Good luck, and I hope this helped a little!

Also I want to emphasize what notofimportance143 said above... OU isn't looking for the students with a GPA of 6.7 and 45,137 PCE hours. Staff is looking at interviewees as a whole who will be able to take on the challenge of PA school and be good caring providers by the end of school!

Archived