Yes or no: Airway course for Emergency CAQ?

I understand based on a phone conversation with an NCCPA representative that the difficult airway course is “suggested” but not required to sit for the EM CAQ exam (which differs from the website which says it’s required along with ATLS, etc.)

I want to know from those who have taken the CAQ whether you think the airway course was essential, helpful, unnecessary, or a waste of time/CME $. I’m not interested in ever doing single coverage ED work and don’t intubate people in the ED where I currently work. I’m interested in the information generally but not sure if spending more than half my CME $ for the year is prudent. 

Thanks for the input.

I took the EM CAQ the first day it was offered and treated all the courses listed as prereqs. You are selling yourself short if you want to work at a high level in em and do not take a difficult airway course. it is a lot more than just crich and glidescope. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived