Which agencies to look at for malpractice insurance?

I think the AAPA works with one if you're a member. You can google for others. 100K/300K is your coverage, and I don't know what state you're in but that doesn't sound like enough. What I have through work is 1M/3M. Also, if they're paying for it make sure it's "occurrence" so you won't need tail like in a "claims made" policy.

Proliability is who I have (accompanies my employer coverage which is claims-made) at $100/$300K.  I have my own just to have someone working for me and to not be considered as an afterthought by the employer's insurer. First figure is per occurrence (maximum paid for claim), and second figure is lifetime payout.

You need to determine if the employer is in a tort-friendly state that caps payouts.  I'm in a state where the cap is $250K (in typical circumstances) per claim.  I'm in a primary care setting w/o ER or surgical exposure and we don't do any procedures other than irrigate ears and fluroscein eyes.

My off-site SP's have $1/3M through their system and they're in FM and do in office procedures.

Make sure that it is an occurrence policy and preferably in your name so that you can take it with you.  If you don't know the difference between claims-made and occurrence based policies, "Search" is your friend.

Proliability is who I have (accompanies my employer coverage which is claims-made) at $100/$300K.  I have my own just to have someone working for me and to not be considered as an afterthought by the employer's insurer. First figure is per occurrence (maximum paid for claim), and second figure is lifetime payout.
You need to determine if the employer is in a tort-friendly state that caps payouts.  I'm in a state where the cap is $250K (in typical circumstances) per claim.  I'm in a primary care setting w/o ER or surgical exposure and we don't do any procedures other than irrigate ears and fluroscein eyes.
My off-site SP's have $1/3M through their system and they're in FM and do in office procedures.
Make sure that it is an occurrence policy and preferably in your name so that you can take it with you.  If you don't know the difference between claims-made and occurrence based policies, "Search" is your friend.
I'm in Florida and the job is a Psych outpatient setting.

Not sure which combo would work best for me (e.g. 1M/3M)? And anyone know if FL is tort friendly? I think it is

• 2 months later...

That I can't tell you since I'm in the Lone Star state.  There are different rules for each state and since I'm in a tort friendly state, see nothing but snot/cough/UTI's, etc., and have an umbrella claims-made policy from my employer which is a governmental entity; I choose to carry the minimum $100/300K primarily just to cover any legal fees which are associated with an attorney who has MY best interest in mind and not that of covering my employer.  I also have it in effect so that when I leave in 23 months and 1 day (not that I'm watching the clock), I don't have to worry about a tail since my occurrence policy will cover me.

Archived