2018-2019 Application Cycle

Hello all!

Just wanted to open a new thread for this application cycle. Everyone should by now have submitted their application for the verification process. My verification took about 10 days and now I am good to go! That being said, I am a little confused on the "personal statement" upload section of the specific program materials. Not sure what they want here and still am not sure after I contacted FranU. Has anyone run into this problem? Any other problems I can help with?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MeredithNC said:

@BrandFI didn't know what they meant by that either...No one clarified it when you spoke with them? Also Has anyone heard back from them yet? 

Haven't heard anything yet! I also saw on the website there is a supplemental application due 9/1, did anyone receive that yet? Does everyone get a supplemental or only some people?

Hey y'all! I submitted an additional personal statement in that section by talking about why I wanted to go to FranU in particular. That being said, it says it is only optional so you should be fine either way.

I have not gotten the supplemental yet and do not know if everyone gets it or not. I am assuming most in not all of the applicants do, but I may be wrong! 

My PA forum account is being weird so I may have to create a new one. That being said, text me if anyone has any questions. We will be better served as a team of applicants than as sheer individuals not knowing what we are doing!

Brandon Foto

I received an email saying that my application was reviewed by the Admission Committee. The email also states that Supp App and Interview Invitation will go out on August 10, if selected for an interview. Interviews are generally September to October. 

2 hours ago, CWell1901 said:

I also received an interview for 9/24, but I will be declining due to an acceptance closer to where I am now.

It is so weird to see people online (and the email) say FranU. I’m from Louisiana and it was always OLOL growing up! Haha

Congratulations. Where will you be attending? I still call it OLOL.

Typically an overview of the program, then you're divided into groups.  one group tours, one group does Q&A with current students, one does interviews.  Interviews are MMI (several tables with scenario type questions) by faculty and local PAs.  There are no correct answers (but there are definitely wrong ones), they just want to see how you think and who you are as a person.

Hello all!

I hope everyone is doing well! A few questions...

1.  What kind of examples did yall use for the portion of the supplemental app where it asks "Do you meet this standard?" I finished it, but just wanted to make sure I wasnt misunderstanding what we were supposed to to there?
  2. For the FranU specific narrative statement, it  asks, "Who is responsible for the management of the health and well-being of patients in all phases of life?" Is there supposed to be a specific answer to that?  
  3. How long has y'alls narratives been? 

Good luck to everyone finishing this up! Let me  know if I can be of assistance.

Best,

Brandon Foto

1 hour ago, oliviapa said:

Does anyone know how to submit the secondary fee? It seems as though they want us to mail it in because all I see is an address on the secondary application. Unfortunately it is due tomorrow.... did anyone successfully pay the fee online through a portal? Thanks ?

To my knowledge the fee must be mailed to the address provided in the PDF. I attached a note stating my name and the program I am applying to along with the $25 check. If there is a post office near you, you may be able to create a mailing label at a kiosk tonight so that is post marked for August 31st, as they are usually 24 hours. That would be my best suggestion.

On 8/27/2018 at 6:46 PM, BrandF said:

Hello all!

I hope everyone is doing well! A few questions...

1.  What kind of examples did yall use for the portion of the supplemental app where it asks "Do you meet this standard?" I finished it, but just wanted to make sure I wasnt misunderstanding what we were supposed to to there?
  2. For the FranU specific narrative statement, it  asks, "Who is responsible for the management of the health and well-being of patients in all phases of life?" Is there supposed to be a specific answer to that?  
  3. How long has y'alls narratives been? 

Good luck to everyone finishing this up! Let me  know if I can be of assistance.

Best,

Brandon Foto

Hi Brandon,

My narrative was about 1.5 pages, single spaced (around 5,000 characters, so similar to the length of the personal statement). For the standards, I just gave brief, specific examples from past classes/labs/work experience that I believe effectively demonstrate why I have those skills. My answers were 4-5 sentences long at the most and I typed them. For who is responsible for health management, just make it clear that you know it's a team effort between the patient, family members/friends/support network, guardian/proxy in some cases, and all members of many healthcare teams. 

When is your interview??? Mine is 9/24

As I was going through previous threads to learn more about this program, I was wondering has anyone heard of any incentives that students who attend this program have? Like does the program offer job placement or any unique factors? Also, does anyone know how applicants are selected at this program?

Archived