new grad family med offer

Hi everyone! This offer is from a community health center based out of CA. Everything about the position seems to be a good fit. Just wanted to run through the offer with you guys since I'm a bit new at this. Thanks a bunch in advance ?❤️  

Base salary: $100,000 (3% increase every year, up to 5% based on performance)
Hours: M-F, Sat - 8-hour shifts, 5 days/week
CME: $1000 reimbursement CME credits (after 1 year) + 40 hours CME time (after 90 days of hire) 
PTO: 4 weeks accrued per year
Holidays: 11 paid days
Sponsored Benefits: health, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 403b, and flexible spending benefits - effective 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
Orientation/training: start with 4 patients a day, slowly work up to 24 patients/day, expected to see 3 patients per hour at 6 months. 
Other: offers loan repayment, at-will employment
Malpractice: does not say on contract, but will ask tomorrow 

Looks like a really nice offer. I'd counter for an extra $500-1000 for CME and make sure Malpractice is paid for by the group.

The mandatory 3 patients per hour at 6 months is a little off-putting. Is that for rechecks? Real tough to do a new patient evaluation in 20 minutes, especially if they have a murky past medical history and laundry list of meds to go over. At that pace, you'd end up with a stack of charts at the end of the day that you're charting on outside of clinic hours (read - charting for free and eating into your personal time).

• 1 month later...

Looks like a pretty good offer except for the whole CA thing....what does the average home cost in the area ? I see people saying on this forum stating all the time not to take a position for less than $XX (usually $90k)....but $85 a year where the cost of living is low and a 4 bed 2 bath 2000 sq ft house costs less than $200k is better than $120k in parts of Cali where $600k buys you a shack. Just my 2 cents.

Archived