Is it ok to contact a school and ask if they will let you know if you are rejected

Hello,

I submitted most of my apps on May 15th, 2018. At least half of the schools I have applied to have rolling admissions and I have yet to hear anything other than a confirmation, while I see that other applicants that applied later than I did have received interview offers. Is it okay to call/email a school and ask if I will receive notice if I am not offered an interview? I assume I am rejected because I have not heard anything yet, but would like a concrete answer. I know it is early but I am feeling discouraged about not hearing from schools with rolling admissions. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Best wishes. 

Most schools will ultimately let you know if you are rejected. As it’s been 2 months, I’d probably wait another month and then ask for a status update.

Some schools fill their early interviews with particularly outstanding applicants and then work their way along.

My best friend in PA school was offered a seat in our class two days before school started and lived 2000 miles away! Don’t assume that because someone else already got in that you won’t.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The last sentence in your post says it all. I think most of what you are feeling is the application anxiety. I would highly discourage from emailing a program to ask if you have been rejected. Having a tone like that in an email when it is very possible they are still considering you as an applicant could be a sure fire way to not interview you at all. 

Keep hanging in there. While this forum can be helpful looking at the school threads, it can also do more harm than good. 

I had some rejections come through after I knew the cohort had already started. It sucks and isn't necessarily courteous, but it is what it is.

Consider a letter of intent.  Typically you want to submit it shortly after you interview but there are different strategies.  Perhaps you've had several interviews since and you've determined that a certain school stood out among all the others.  

There are pros and cons to LOI, however, so make sure you do a bit of research on the subject ?

Archived