2018-2019 Cycle

On 9/10/2018 at 4:02 PM, AnhPhan said:

I have an interview on Oct 2nd. anyone gonna go on the same date? 

and for anyone that's curious, my stats are

oGPA: 3.7

sGPA: 3.5 

GRE: 311

2000+ experiences working in urgent care clinics. i'm an MA btw. 

no PA shadowing experience though. 

can  you recommend somes? i tried to look it up but all i could found was tygart lake lodge which was beautiful but 30 mins away. 

and also how is the traffic over there? 

Hi AnhPhan,

I'm interviewing Oct 2nd as well! 

As far as Tygart Lake Lodge goes, it's outside of a small town called Grafton. It's out in the country a little bit, really pretty area. With that being said, the road from Grafton to Philippi can be curvy/mountainous in places so def add extra time to your commute if you're coming from that way!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, laurenm6 said:

Does anyone know what the interview format is like? I was just offered to interview on Sept 25!

First of all, congrats on the interview! When you get here, make sure to check in (there will be signs telling you where to go). You will have a brief orientation/meeting with the other people interviewing that day. Whoever does the talking, Mr. Moore talked at my interview, will talk about the program and allow you to ask any questions. You will also do a brief tour of the building. After this, each person will be given their individual interviews with one to two staff members. While waiting for your interview, some of us current students (if we are available) will be there to answer any questions you have for us. Kind of like you are interviewing us lol. I've had other interviews that were very stressful, but this interview day is very chill. So don't worry about it. ? Make sure to go the first floor and not the basement. Basically don't take any stairs when you get to the front of the building.  Again congrats on the interview!

1 hour ago, Dancejt12 said:

First of all, congrats on the interview! When you get here, make sure to check in (there will be signs telling you where to go). You will have a brief orientation/meeting with the other people interviewing that day. Whoever does the talking, Mr. Moore talked at my interview, will talk about the program and allow you to ask any questions. You will also do a brief tour of the building. After this, each person will be given their individual interviews with one to two staff members. While waiting for your interview, some of us current students (if we are available) will be there to answer any questions you have for us. Kind of like you are interviewing us lol. I've had other interviews that were very stressful, but this interview day is very chill. So don't worry about it. ? Make sure to go the first floor and not the basement. Basically don't take any stairs when you get to the front of the building.  Again congrats on the interview!

Thanks so much! ?

Hi All,

I just recieved an email that my application has been put “On Hold”, which I’m not too thrilled about, BUT I guess it’s better than a straight up rejection. Can ANYONE shed some light on this? Would continuing my patient care hours help me? Anything else? I’m feeling pretty discouraged. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, marissajanel said:

I never received a confirmation email so i emailed the program today and he said it will take 2-3 weeks to review my application. Its been about 2 1/2 so im getting anxious! Anyone receive any updates recently? 

The person in charge of admissions has been away in conferences so don’t worry about it. 

I just got invited for an interview a couple of days ago! I am super stoked! I will be flying out to the campus to interview next Tuesday. @Dancejt12 do you have any specific advice regarding how to prepare for the interview? (format, types of questions etc. etc.)  I also checked out the insta takeover you did last week. Super helpful, thank you!

On 11/2/2018 at 3:09 PM, JL311 said:

I just got invited for an interview a couple of days ago! I am super stoked! I will be flying out to the campus to interview next Tuesday. @Dancejt12 do you have any specific advice regarding how to prepare for the interview? (format, types of questions etc. etc.)  I also checked out the insta takeover you did last week. Super helpful, thank you!

Congrats on the interview and thanks for watching my insta take over. The format is very chill. You get there and have a brief meeting and tour with Mr. Moore or someone else. Then you each split off and get interviewed either one-on-one or you and two staff members. The questions they asked me were your typical PA school interview questions. Why do you want to be a PA? What did you do to prepare for PA school? If you didn't choose to be a PA, what other profession would you have chosen? And more. I believe my interview only lasted around 15-20 minutes. I would definitely make sure to get there as early as possible or just give yourself more time than you would think. Showing up late is never a good first impression.

Good luck tomorrow!

21 hours ago, marissajanel said:

@Dancejt12 Do you know if they have been looking at applications at all? Its been about 3 weeks for me and i havent heard anything so im just curious!

To be honest, I have not heard anything. But I would assume that you will probably hear something either right before Thanksgiving break or right after. But, I'm not 100% sure. I know a lot of stuff has been going on here, so I think they are just a little behind.

Archived