Updating CASPA after verification

Hi all, 

I submitted my CASPA in the end of June but I have made significant changes with shadowing and have 2 more rec letters being submitted by Monday. I've heard some schools don't accept updates? Is that true, or do most accept them? Also, should I email schools that I already applied to about the updates or is this something they would automatically see?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

There are some schools that flat-out won't look at updates. I can't think of which ones off the top of my head but they're pretty up front about it that they don't. You'll just have to check with the schools.

As for notifying them, I'd ask them how they want to be notified as part of your "do you take updates" inquiry. CASPA technically tells them, but they do so in a stream of hundreds of other notifications the schools get and how many admins actually look at those notifications is very likely nobody. Some schools who allow updates up until X date go actively looking for them, but others you'd probably want to let them know.

Archived