Stocking up and preparing for PA School

I may be the only one who stresses about not having an income during PA School but does anybody recommend stocking up on school supplies or just around the house things NOW while there is a steady income opposed to paying more at the last minute before the programs start ?

Food for thought. Always trying to be prepared [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're that worried about it why not just set aside the money in a separate account (or cash in envelopes) so you can buy later.

Personally I wouldn't have wanted to move extra items and I didn't have an apartment big enough to stock up.  This isn't the apocalypse.  I have never heard of a single PA student who went without pens or toilet paper just because they were living off loans.

I meant more so when things are on sale - I’m not saying to stock up on 50 things of toilet paper.
Like if people thought they used a lot of Notecards for example and they had the opportunity now to get them discounted as opposed to waiting until the time and spending more $$.
Just trying to think of ways to not look back and be regretful than I didn’t try to prepare better or save more $

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say wait because you have no idea what study method is going to work for you.  What worked in undergrad may not work in PA school as many students will attest.  It can be just as regretful to buy stacks of notecards only to never use them.

The only thing that will absolutely come in handy eventually is black pens.

Guest HanSolo

What hot item needs to be stocked up on that would be more expensive last minute? I'm confused by this topic. Also, buy everything now because you wont have time? If you don't have time to walk down to the store to buy toothpaste, then you're doing it wrong. Your life doesn't end because you are in school. 

I moved 2 hours away from my wife in PA school. I remember a pile of stuff: mattress, TV, microwave, borrowed furniture, etc. Still made a zillion trips to Walmart after I got there.

I don’t know how far you’re moving, but the big thing for me was borrowing stuff. Much cheaper than buying when you can. School supplies are minimal in comparison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived