CSU Monterey Bay

So I got an email today that I didn't meet the minimum criteria. Do you think its worth disputing? I meet all the criteria except the 2 bolded where I feel like its up to interpretation. 

• US Bachelor's degree (I have both a bachelors 2007 and a masters 2011)
  • All required coursework (I have all prereqs)
  • Minimum cumulative GPA and minimum science GPA of 3.0 (3.13 Science and 3.24 general)
  • 1000 hours of direct patient care experience (13500 as a clinical social worker in a variety of settings, 900 as an EMT)
  • 500 hours of community service experience benefiting underserved or disadvantaged populations (all my volunteer experience is with veterans so I think this is probably where I don't qualify since they're not a soup kitchen or DV shelter etc)
  • Shadowing experience with a PA in an outpatient primary care setting (shadowed Neurosurgery, Occupational Health and Rhum)
  • Two letters of reference with at least one from a medical provider (2 MDs, 1 PA and 1 LICSW wrote my letters)

5 hours ago, SW2PA said:

So I got an email today that I didn't meet the minimum criteria. Do you think its worth disputing? I meet all the criteria except the 2 bolded where I feel like its up to interpretation. 

• US Bachelor's degree (I have both a bachelors 2007 and a masters 2011)
  • All required coursework (I have all prereqs)
  • Minimum cumulative GPA and minimum science GPA of 3.0 (3.13 Science and 3.24 general)
  • 1000 hours of direct patient care experience (13500 as a clinical social worker in a variety of settings, 900 as an EMT)
  • 500 hours of community service experience benefiting underserved or disadvantaged populations (all my volunteer experience is with veterans so I think this is probably where I don't qualify since they're not a soup kitchen or DV shelter etc)
  • Shadowing experience with a PA in an outpatient primary care setting (shadowed Neurosurgery, Occupational Health and Rhum)
  • Two letters of reference with at least one from a medical provider (2 MDs, 1 PA and 1 LICSW wrote my letters)

It’s worth a try! The worst is they say no and you don’t get an interview

On 8/24/2018 at 7:16 PM, laurenA23 said:

Hi Everyone,

Congrats to those who got in! Has anybody received any invite for an interview after the 8/15-8/17 dates? As in any upcoming interview invites? I have been refreshing my email like crazy!

I submitted my application on 8/15, took a few day for CASPA to verify, and I was invited for an interview today (8/27) for Friday morning 9/14. Good luck!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 7:16 PM, laurenA23 said:

Hi Everyone,

Congrats to those who got in! Has anybody received any invite for an interview after the 8/15-8/17 dates? As in any upcoming interview invites? I have been refreshing my email like crazy!

Yes. I have an interview for Sep 14 afternoon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...