CSU Monterey Bay

On 7/24/2018 at 10:29 PM, prepameg said:

Hi everyone,  I have a question about their volunteer hours requirement, is it required to have at least 500 hours? If not, am I automatically disqualified? Thanks in advance! 

I think this is a hard requirement. I would check in with them just in case anyways! 

On 7/22/2018 at 11:51 AM, ckatie said:

Oh very small! I must be in the morning group then (9am - 12:15pm). 

I'm also interviewing on Aug 3! I see that the group was small for earlier interviews. Were they individual or in a group setting with all the applicants together? 

Hi all, I just received an email of CSUMB  stating that I did not meet one of their minimum requirements which is  500 hours of community service experience benefiting underserved or disadvantaged populations and also "Please be advised that because the priority deadline has passed, there is no guarantee your application will be reviewed when updated. Applications for next cycle will open April 2019."  Best of luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

To everyone that interviewed in the morning group on august 3rd, it was nice meeting all of you and wishing you the best of luck! Please be sure to let us know your status in the next 1-2 weeks when decisions are being made! Fingers cross some of our group is selected!

Katie 

• Like 2

On 7/22/2018 at 1:50 PM, MJPA21 said:

I also interviewed here on June 29th, was accepted, and will be attending CSUMB in January. Good luck to everyone with their interviews!

How did they notify you of their acceptance? Was it by phone call or email? I'm assuming denied applicants and waitlisted individuals will be emailed and accepted cohort will be called directly?

Edited by ckatie

Katie, 

It’s my understanding that we are only supposed to start filling out the application. If you are accepted they will send you an id code to enter which will allow you to submit to their program. I just filled in all of the components of the application so that it is ready to submit. 

2 minutes ago, vpoca said:

Katie, 

It’s my understanding that we are only supposed to start filling out the application. If you are accepted they will send you an id code to enter which will allow you to submit to their program. I just filled in all of the components of the application so that it is ready to submit. 

Well my problem is I can't even find their school listed under the link once I have put in my personal information. Once I login, I select the Spring 2019 period under the graduate programs, and when I go to select a program, CSUMB is not listed and there is no PA program listed. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I know I am not supposed to submit until we receive a code but I can't get passed the login part. 

38 minutes ago, ckatie said:

Well my problem is I can't even find their school listed under the link once I have put in my personal information. Once I login, I select the Spring 2019 period under the graduate programs, and when I go to select a program, CSUMB is not listed and there is no PA program listed. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I know I am not supposed to submit until we receive a code but I can't get passed the login part. 

So the Cal State Apply looks exactly like CASPA so you can go to “Add” at the top and that is how you add the school. Example below. 2843F7B7-E06C-4660-AAE4-9A7B26175CF9.thumb.png.e7a2e58340a7fcdc8faabf765b22b08b.png

4 minutes ago, PAtnh said:

So the Cal State Apply looks exactly like CASPA so you can go to “Add” at the top and that is how you add the school. Example below. 2843F7B7-E06C-4660-AAE4-9A7B26175CF9.thumb.png.e7a2e58340a7fcdc8faabf765b22b08b.png

Thanks,

I went back into my profile, and I didn't mark Master's program, only post-bacc/credentials so that's probably why it wasn't showing up! Thank you for your help! ?  I really appreciate it!

1 minute ago, ckatie said:

The director called me ? I thought it was him because I recognized the LA area code. SO EXCITED! 

Super cool! The program seems awesome, I’m excited for you. I was in the afternoon interview on August 3rd. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a similar phone call. 

1 minute ago, vpoca said:

Super cool! The program seems awesome, I’m excited for you. I was in the afternoon interview on August 3rd. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a similar phone call. 

I was the morning group so there's still hope. I was surprised to be contacted so late in the day, so keep a look out for a phone call at any time. Good luck!

1 hour ago, ckatie said:

OFFICIALLY ACCEPTED !!!! 

August 3rd interview

This is Katie Cobb

Congrats, Katie! It’s a great program! Hoping to meet you at orientation if you decide to go here! Once more people get accepted, we can get a FB page going to connect everyone!

1 minute ago, PAtnh said:

Congrats, Katie! It’s a great program! Hoping to meet you at orientation if you decide to go here! Once more people get accepted, we can get a FB page going to connect everyone!

That's a great idea! Maybe someone can start that soon. I'm new to FB (havent been on in 4 years) and I'm not up to date to all the new features. I would love to start a group. Maybe I can try to create one tonight just so we can start meeting each other. Congratulations to you as well. ?

50 minutes ago, SKurtz said:

ckatie, I knew you would have no problem getting accepted! It looks like we will be in the same cohort, because I got my official acceptance yesterday too! This is going to be a great program and I am excited to be in the same cohort as all of you!

Haha I told you were golden! Your experience was so unique! And to get accepted on your first try, way to go! Be sure to join the FB group I posted so you can meet everyone else!

See ya in November! 

11 minutes ago, Rigoprepa said:

I am preparing for my interview this Friday (August 17)!! Excited, nervous, scared simultaneously.

Congrats on the interview offer! It is perfectly normal to be nervous, but I can tell you this was a great interview experience. They make you feel incredibly welcome. Good luck!