CSU Monterey Bay

This is for the CSUMB MSPA 2018-2019 cycle. 

I recently interviewed with them and was very impressed by their faculty and staff. I’ve also been told that they have received provisional accreditation from the ARC-PA recently. Seems like this is going to be an amazing program! ?

Edited by tnhoang
Incorrect spelling
  • Like 2

On 7/13/2018 at 12:32 AM, tnhoang said:

The interview was very personable and intimate.  Definitely one of the best PA school interview experience I have had. They’re really trying to get to know you and it shows! Goodluck! Hope you hear back soon. 

That’s awesome to hear! Do you mind sharing your timeline to interview? I also applied and am waiting to hear back from them. 

On 7/15/2018 at 10:44 AM, vpoca said:

That’s awesome to hear! Do you mind sharing your timeline to interview? I also applied and am waiting to hear back from them. 

I submitted my app June 6th and on June 8th got an email saying I met the minimum requirement. I got an email on June 14th for an interview!

On 7/16/2018 at 11:09 AM, tnhoang said:

I submitted my app June 6th and on June 8th got an email saying I met the minimum requirement. I got an email on June 14th for an interview!

I just received an invite to interview August 3rd. Did the program give you a timeline on when they will be giving you an admissions decision? 

17 hours ago, vpoca said:

I just received an invite to interview August 3rd. Did the program give you a timeline on when they will be giving you an admissions decision? 

In about 1-2 weeks after your interview. For me, it was about 1 week when I got an admissions decision. Goodluck in your interview! ? 

• Like 1

Just got my interview invitation as well. I will be seeing some of you August 3rd! Have to fly in from LAX.  After verification from CASPA, I was emailed by CSUMB on June 12th, met minimum requirements on June 13th, and was offered an interview on July 18th, for August 3rd. It seems that they are offering interviews in waves. Good luck to everyone August 3rd! Can't wait to meet everyone. 

(: 

26 minutes ago, ckatie said:

Just got my interview invitation as well. I will be seeing some of you August 3rd! Have to fly in from LAX.  After verification from CASPA, I was emailed by CSUMB on June 12th, met minimum requirements on June 13th, and was offered an interview on July 18th, for August 3rd. It seems that they are offering interviews in waves. Good luck to everyone August 3rd! Can't wait to meet everyone. 

?

Congrats! I’ll be seeing you August 3rd. Where are you flying in from? I will be driving up, I’m about 3 hours south of Salinas. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ckatie said:

How many people were there interviewing? Was it a large group or small? ? 

My group had about 6 people and interviewed in the morning. I think there is another group in the afternoon as well.  I am guessing they split it up to keep the interview more intimate and personable. 

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know how many seats this program has? I am also hoping to interview/get in here but have not heard back (except that I met the minimum requirements). Will they invite more people to the Aug 3 date or perhaps have another date for interviews? Seems like the pool the interviewed was really small 

14 hours ago, applicant24 said:

Does anyone know how many seats this program has? I am also hoping to interview/get in here but have not heard back (except that I met the minimum requirements). Will they invite more people to the Aug 3 date or perhaps have another date for interviews? Seems like the pool the interviewed was really small 

I believe there are only 33 spots. I can't remember if that information was given to me via email or its on their website. I am sure there will be more interview dates coming up. 

Good luck!

On 7/20/2018 at 8:38 AM, tnhoang said:

My group had about 6 people and interviewed in the morning. I think there is another group in the afternoon as well.  I am guessing they split it up to keep the interview more intimate and personable. 

Oh very small! I must be in the morning group then (9am - 12:15pm). 

Did anyone have any in progress prerequisites when they applied? I emailed admissions months ago about it and they told me I can have 2 classes out standing but they must be in progress. I took that as I must be currently enrolled in them to apply. I only have one class left in Fall but have not applied since I am not enrolled yet. Am i totally wrong and I could apply now?

Edited by jenhic

1 hour ago, jenhic said:

Did anyone have any in progress prerequisites when they applied? I emailed admissions months ago about it and they told me I can have 2 classes out standing but they must be in progress. I took that as I must be currently enrolled in them to apply. I only have one class left in Fall but have not applied since I am not enrolled yet. Am i totally wrong and I could apply now?

I am not too sure but I think CASPA lets you add a quarter/semester and note a class as a class you plan on taking. But this sounds like a question saved for a staff to answer. I would email them and ask to be safe!