Am I Competitive?

Hello!

Wondering if I am a competitive applicant for this coming cycle and if I should apply or wait to improve. Any insight for improvement or chances would be helpful!

• cGPA: 3.75
  • sGPA: 3.31
  • Biology Chemistry Major, Business Minor 
  • Patient Care: +2000 (house float to many different departments through high school and college summers. Now working full time at the hospital while applying to schools)
  • Volunteer: Started my own donation project and ran it for a few years but have not done anything with it recently. Also studied abroad and volunteered in environmental conservation and at an after school program. 
  • GRE: 155 quantitative, 155 qualitative, 4.0 writing
  • Involved with many extracurricular activities: student events committee, alumni interaction committee, biology honors group, fellowship of christian athletes, chemistry department grader, women's basketball team, also worked 2 on campus jobs as mens basketball secretary and student photographer/video editor (worked 20 hours a week). Plus one off campus job. 

Hello!
Wondering if I am a competitive applicant for this coming cycle and if I should apply or wait to improve. Any insight for improvement or chances would be helpful!
  • cGPA: 3.75
  • sGPA: 3.31
  • Biology Chemistry Major, Business Minor 
  • Patient Care: +2000 (house float to many different departments through high school and college summers. Now working full time at the hospital while applying to schools)
  • Volunteer: Started my own donation project and ran it for a few years but have not done anything with it recently. Also studied abroad and volunteered in environmental conservation and at an after school program. 
  • GRE: 155 quantitative, 155 qualitative, 4.0 writing
  • Involved with many extracurricular activities: student events committee, alumni interaction committee, biology honors group, fellowship of christian athletes, chemistry department grader, women's basketball team, also worked 2 on campus jobs as mens basketball secretary and student photographer/video editor (worked 20 hours a week). Plus one off campus job. 

Apply. You should get some invitations. Rather than ruminate, put yourself out there and see what happens!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, UGoLong said:

Apply. You should get some invitations. Rather than ruminate, put yourself out there and see what happens!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! I am very anxious (as is everyone I'm sure) about getting an interview due to a lower sGPA than cGPA. I feel that if I get an interview I can excel in the interview process!

14 minutes ago, katieaxb said:

Thank you! I am very anxious (as is everyone I'm sure) about getting an interview due to a lower sGPA than cGPA. I feel that if I get an interview I can excel in the interview process!

Your science GPA isn’t the best but I don’t think it will keep you from getting interviews. 

Do you have any kind of upward trend?

1 hour ago, hmtpnw said:

Your science GPA isn’t the best but I don’t think it will keep you from getting interviews. 

Do you have any kind of upward trend?

Kind of. Sophomore year I had a C in organic chem. Then junior year is a bit weird. I was injured during basketball season, had to have surgery, and missed a lot of school. My grades suffered that semester. The second semester of junior year I studied abroad so I do not have a GPA for those classes. My senior year, I earned a 4.0 first semester and 3.7 second semester. 

1 minute ago, katieaxb said:

Kind of. Sophomore year I had a C in organic chem. Then junior year is a bit weird. I was injured during basketball season, had to have surgery, and missed a lot of school. My grades suffered that semester. The second semester of junior year I studied abroad so I do not have a GPA for those classes. My senior year, I earned a 4.0 first semester and 3.7 second semester. 

Sounds like your more recent courses are stronger, so I would say that’s a plus. 

Archived