Monet

Meharry School of Medicine

1 hour ago, NENE5391 said:

Has anyone received interview invitations today?

Nope! I have a feeling that they will go deep into the waitlist. It's extremely late and I'm sure a lot of people have accepted spots in other programs. I would not be surprised if they need a day or two after the deadline to send out a second round of invites. 

• Like 1

Received an interview invite this morning! If anyone has any tips on what to expect when interviewing it would be greatly appreciated 😊

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 9:01 PM, kmathis said:

Is everyone getting a response at the same time or have they spread them out during the day. I saw where a few people got them at 11ish today but I wasn’t sure. Thanks!

Hey guys just got my rejection letter! I’m not excited about it but just sharing so you guys know what to expect and know that they are sending them out. Good luck to all other applicants! 😊

Summarized letter below:

Greetings, 

On behalf of the Physician Assistant Sciences Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in completing your application for admission to the Physician Assistant Sciences Program at Meharry Medical College. 

Due to the highly competitive nature of Physician Assistant Program admissions and the tremendous volume of applications for the limited number of positions available, we regret to inform you that your application was not recommended to proceed in the admissions process. 

Please be assured that every consideration was given to your application before this final decision was rendered. We wish you the very best in all of your future career endeavors.

I got officially rejected also.  They would not substitute my graduate chemistry classes (Biochem and the other graduate chemistry class), for my aged out Gen Chem I and II.  😞

Greetings,

On behalf of the Physician Assistant Sciences Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in completing your application for admission to the Physician Assistant Sciences Program at Meharry Medical College.

Due to the highly competitive nature of Physician Assistant Program admissions and the tremendous volume of applications for the limited number of positions available, we regret to inform you that your application was not recommended to proceed in the admissions process. As a result, the Physician Assistant Sciences Admissions Committee did not approve your application for an admission interview and you will not receive further consideration for this application cycle.

If you are still interested in entering the PA profession, I recommend that you schedule a meeting with your pre-medical advisor and/or someone you trust to discuss methods you may employ to strengthen your future application to PA School. If you decide to reapply to the Physician Assistant Sciences Program at Meharry Medical College, please note that you will need to submit a new application inclusive of any new course work, letters of recommendation, and applicable test scores.

Please be assured that every consideration was given to your application before this final decision was rendered. We wish you the very best in all of your future career endeavors.

For the applicants who received interviews can y’all share your stats including gre scores. Thank you. 

48 minutes ago, QuinElliott1 said:

Does anyone know if there is an unknown waiting list? I still haven’t heard back. No interview nor rejection. It’s killing me! Haha

Hi! I’m not sure if there is an unknown waitlist however, when we were offered an interview they told us we had until august 1st to accept and make our selections. 

35 minutes ago, Biaboyd345 said:

Hi! I’m not sure if there is an unknown waitlist however, when we were offered an interview they told us we had until august 1st to accept and make our selections. 

Oohhh okay well that would make sense! Thank you for that information. I guess just a little more waiting for me then. However, congrats to you!

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 8:56 AM, QuinElliott1 said:

Oohhh okay well that would make sense! Thank you for that information. I guess just a little more waiting for me then. However, congrats to you!

I thought my application got lost somewhere!! You haven't heard anything either? I emailed them but didn't get a response.......this wait is killing me! 

On 8/1/2019 at 10:34 AM, HeyPA said:

Hey, what is the supplemental application like? For those that have completed it. 

Hey they ask you the normal questions. It’s like caspa but way smaller. Then they ask some questions like why meharry and based on their goals what makes you a great fit. I think I have the questions if you want me to email them to you. Will said my app was perfect it’s just my gpa was too low to justify an interview. So that got me my rejection letter. So hey at least I know that the other parts were good. 

10 hours ago, belayneh30 said:

I thought my application got lost somewhere!! You haven't heard anything either? I emailed them but didn't get a response.......this wait is killing me! 

10 hours ago, belayneh30 said:

I would call them. The people who got invites had to respond by August 1st so I don’t know why you haven’t received an email. Call them! Show them you mean business.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:39 AM, Kyrah1988 said:

Hey they ask you the normal questions. It’s like caspa but way smaller. Then they ask some questions like why meharry and based on their goals what makes you a great fit. I think I have the questions if you want me to email them to you. Will said my app was perfect it’s just my gpa was too low to justify an interview. So that got me my rejection letter. So hey at least I know that the other parts were good. 

I’m sorry to hear that ! Are you currently taking steps to improve your gpa? You should reapply! And I would love if you could email me that information !

1 hour ago, HeyPA said:

I’m sorry to hear that ! Are you currently taking steps to improve your gpa? You should reapply! And I would love if you could email me that information !

Yes I am going to get my masters in biomedical engineering to show them I can handle graduate courses and Will was very informative. He helps a lot. But if I like biomedical engineering I may not apply. PA is too popular right now with my poor gpa. 😭 but I can message it to you. It is only one question. If I remember right. I’ll try to log in and check again.

• Like 1

Update. After emailing admissions turns out there was a typo in my email and I actually was supposed to receive an interview email on July 18. They were really apologetic and allowed me to schedule an interview as well! I’m very excited and wish everyone well! If you haven’t gotten any responses email and see if there was an issue with sending your email, whether rejection or interview opportunity. 

• Like 3

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum and have recently received an invitation to interview for a position in Meharry's PA program. I am very excited and want to do all I can to prepare. I am curious if anyone has any insight as to the type of interview that they will be conducting.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, guys I’m applying this cycle. Congratulations to everyone that have received an interview and to those that didn’t DONT give up we got this !

When is everyone's interview date?  Make sure to keep us informed on the sort of format of interview they give for the next cycle applicants. 🙂

• Upvote 3