Meharry School of Medicine

4 hours ago, karmhorn said:

does anyone know when they will start the interview process?

I got this email from them on October 9th:

"Thank you for submitting your application the Meharry Medical College PA program (MMC-PA). The application material submitted has been verified by CASPA, MMC-PA program staff will review the submitted and verified material at the close of the application cycle. Starting March 1, 2019 instructions for the supplemental application will be emailed to the address on file with CASPA."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 9:39 PM, missroux said:

I got this email from them on October 9th:

"Thank you for submitting your application the Meharry Medical College PA program (MMC-PA). The application material submitted has been verified by CASPA, MMC-PA program staff will review the submitted and verified material at the close of the application cycle. Starting March 1, 2019 instructions for the supplemental application will be emailed to the address on file with CASPA."

When did you apply? Just wondering the timeframe for them to respond to submitted apps. 

• 3 weeks later...

Do we need to send in the supplemental ASAP? I got an email after submitting it asking for official transcripts. Will the program look at our application if we don't have everything in by March 1? What are your thoughts? It gives us a deadline of 4/15 to send in the supplemental so was just curious to what everyone is doing!

• 2 weeks later...

@darrentharris Hey, I just submitted my supplemental today and this is the email they sent me:

On behalf of the Admissions Committee for the School of Graduate Studies & Research, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in submitting your secondary application for admission to the Physician's Assistant Program, School of Graduate Studies & Research at Meharry Medical College.

“This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your SOGSR electronic application. 
With your completed application, your file is under review by the admissions committee. You will be contacted when an application status update is available.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the PA program office. 

Also yes, I believe they are sending supplementally to everyone. At the bottom of the email that I received it said that people should please review what a qualified applicant is before filling out the supplemental application. 
Also, I have a question for all of you that applied early. Since they extended the deadline, do you think this is fair? I’ve had some major changes in my application and i feel like if I applied now I’d be a much stronger applicant.  But CASPA doesn’t allow us to enter new grades in and I assume we won’t be able to apply twice when CASPA reopens up in April 2019. Don’t you think everyone applying late has an advantage? Just my opinion, and wanted to see what everyone else thought.