New Grad - Multiple specialty coverage compensation

Hello all,

I've been lurking mostly over past 2+ years during school, and now am graduated and looking for work. I'm currently looking at a large community hospital in the midwest who wants to add an additional PA to cover predominantly OR (no rounding at all). I would be required to cover multiple specialties and work with many different surgeons, as well as possible robotics training. The position sounds great, but I'm not sure if I should be expecting more compensation/benefits than if I was only working in a single specialty with one doc. I'm not trying to be greedy necessarily, but I am wondering if any other folks have had to negotiate through a similar set of job expectations. Currently looking at between 75k-100k w/one weekend of call with added differential + decent benefits.

It seems like a great position to grow into, but unsure of where to put my bottomline at knowing this is going to be a steep learning curve over the next 2 years.

Thanks!

Archived