Hi everyone, is there such thing as a pre-pre PA? lol jk

I'm just curious how everyone is calculating their overall science GPA (sGPA). The reason I am asking is because the variety of program requirements that I have looked at all require different science pre-reqs, so when I am seeing people write their stats in, I'm just curious how its all amounting up when every program is different. 

Thank you in advance for any and all input!

It doesn’t matter what the prerequisites are. Your science GPA is calculated based on all the science classes that you took regardless of its a requirement of a specific program. Basically any biology, chemistry, or physics class counts.

https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Submitting_and_Monitoring_Your_CASPA_Application/Verification_and_GPA_Calculations_for_CASPA/2_How_Your_GPA_is_Calculated

Your science GPA will be made up of all the science coursework you have taken throughout your college career.

CASPA defines which courses count towards this GPA and it is not school specific. You can find listings of the courses that count towards your science GPA and more information about the calculations using the link below. 

https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Submitting_and_Monitoring_Your_CASPA_Application/Verification_and_GPA_Calculations_for_CASPA/2_How_Your_GPA_is_Calculated

2 minutes ago, caligirl707 said:

Thank you! Woud you say any and all appropriate science courses would be calculated? (everything you mentioned + neuroscience, pharmacology, pathophysiology, anatomy of speech mechanisms, etc.?)

You can find the specific courses that CASPA counts as "science" using the link above. That is by far your best resource for this kind of information.

Archived