2018-2019

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you guys concerned regarding their probationary status? Probationary status was reissued again this Spring. Next review 2020. I’m feeling concerned as to how this could affect class of 2021 if accredation is lost. I know we could still sit in on PANCE. Obviously it all depends on acceptance anyway but just thinking ahead...

11 hours ago, effervescent said:

I made a new post also but are you guys concerned regarding their probationary status? Probationary status was reissued again this Spring. Next review 2020. I’m feeling concerned as to how this could affect class of 2021 if accredation is lost. I know we could still sit in on PANCE. Obviously it all depends on acceptance anyway but just thinking ahead...

What do you mean that the probabtionary status was reissued in the spring? Does that mean that they could have been moved to fully accrediated then?

9 hours ago, BeAPA716 said:

What do you mean that the probabtionary status was reissued in the spring? Does that mean that they could have been moved to fully accrediated then?

I believe they had probationary status, and then it was reissued at the Mar2018 review. Next review is in 2020. At that time, they could be changed from probationary to another accredation status. However, my fear is that accredation could be lost if they did not implement plans of action. 

18 hours ago, Hannthor1216 said:

I have an interview 8/17 as well. However, I am not the least bit worried about their accreditation status as we would still be able to finish our program and sit for the PANCE even if their status changed. 

I agree - just not sure how if losing accredation would affect an employers standpoint? All is speculation at this point anyway ?

My main concern about the accreditation status is that the education would be subpar and it would be more difficult to pass the PANCE since you’d have to learn more of the material on your own (pure speculation there). I guess there are a lot of reasons why a program may be in probation though. If I’m understanding this correctly, they had the opportunity to get out of probation and didn’t. I’ll have to ask more about this during my interview.

I was verified May 21.

Hi guys! I'm a current PA student at Mary Baldwin (Class of 2020). Every once in a while I hop on here just to see what people are asking and I noticed a lot of concern regarding the probation status, (which I completely understand)! If I can help clarify anything, I'll definitely try! However, we are coming up on finals so I may not be able to reply very quickly. But regarding our probation, the citations from ARC-PA have been administrative issues and nothing regarding the quality of education. Those citations have been taken care of and we are currently in full compliance with ARC-PA, though they will keep us in "probation" until our next review in 2020. Regarding being able to pass the PANCE, the most recent class had 100% first-time pass rate and I believe all of them already have jobs. So don't let that deter you from applying. =) But congrats to those who have interviews! The fact that you got an interview shows that you're already a high-quality candidate. =) Anyway, if you have other questions regarding probation, I can do what I can to answer them! 

On 7/23/2018 at 4:38 PM, somelilguy said:

Hi guys! I'm a current PA student at Mary Baldwin (Class of 2020). Every once in a while I hop on here just to see what people are asking and I noticed a lot of concern regarding the probation status, (which I completely understand)! If I can help clarify anything, I'll definitely try! However, we are coming up on finals so I may not be able to reply very quickly. But regarding our probation, the citations from ARC-PA have been administrative issues and nothing regarding the quality of education. Those citations have been taken care of and we are currently in full compliance with ARC-PA, though they will keep us in "probation" until our next review in 2020. Regarding being able to pass the PANCE, the most recent class had 100% first-time pass rate and I believe all of them already have jobs. So don't let that deter you from applying. =) But congrats to those who have interviews! The fact that you got an interview shows that you're already a high-quality candidate. =) Anyway, if you have other questions regarding probation, I can do what I can to answer them! 

Can you tell us more about the interview process?

11 hours ago, CConley94 said:

Can you tell us more about the interview process?

Sure! However, I need to throw the disclaimer out there that the interview process may be a little different than when I went through because we have had a change in program directors since then. But I can at least tell you what my interview process was like. First of all, it was very relaxed! They did not try to intimidate me or try to put me into weird scenarios to see how I handled stress. We started off with a general information session for about an hour where we learned about the ins and outs of the program. Then, depending on how you were split up, you either had a tour of the facility or went straight to interviews. I did the tour first, which was with current students so we were able to ask them questions and get their viewpoint on the program. Then I had two individual interviews, both lasted about 20 minutes each with about a 5-minute break in between. It was very similar to a job interview, to be honest. They already have your application and the fact that you got an interview means that you're already qualified to be there. So the individual interviews were just to find out who you are as a person. And again, it was very relaxed. Just be yourself! When they interviewed me, all they had in front of them was my name and my CASPA personal statement. That way they didn't have GRE scores, GPA, or whatever to skew their opinion or create a bias. And then that was it. The whole interview process was actually pretty easy.  

9 hours ago, BeAPA716 said:

Has there been any interviews before the one scheduled August 17th? How many people usually are invited to an interview?

August 17th is the first interview of this application cycle. And I honestly don't know how many people are invited to each interview. 

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, karhorn said:

Got an interview for September 15th!! Can someone who interviewed in August y’all about the format and how it went?!

I really enjoyed it! I thought the staff were very welcoming and nice. The facilities are better than any of the other schools I've interviewed at. they have 12 cadavers onsite that you can utilize all year and those Sim-people for practice. The interview itself was very laid back, we each had two. The program director is very open about their probation status and I felt good about them having full accreditation come 2020. 

12 hours ago, BeAPA716 said:

I really enjoyed it! I thought the staff were very welcoming and nice. The facilities are better than any of the other schools I've interviewed at. they have 12 cadavers onsite that you can utilize all year and those Sim-people for practice. The interview itself was very laid back, we each had two. The program director is very open about their probation status and I felt good about them having full accreditation come 2020. 

Thank you so much for sharing! Do you know if they pick people to accept after each interview group date or at the end of all interviews groups?

Archived