Updating CASPA/pharm tech question

Hi everyone! I just wanted to ask a question for some advice, I recently began working as a pharmacy technician and I wanted to add this on my caspa and update and send to schools. Although, I was shadowing a PA recently and she told me not to put my pharmacy technician experience on my caspa because she thought they might think that I want to become a pharmacist or that Im using it as a "back up". Would it be bad for me to add my experience as a pharm tech to my caspa? Or has anyone ever run into problems with things like this in an interview? I was going to put it but I was conflicted after that because I dont want to make a bad impression or anything. Thanks everyone! 

12 minutes ago, texas27 said:

Hi everyone! I just wanted to ask a question for some advice, I recently began working as a pharmacy technician and I wanted to add this on my caspa and update and send to schools. Although, I was shadowing a PA recently and she told me not to put my pharmacy technician experience on my caspa because she thought they might think that I want to become a pharmacist or that Im using it as a "back up". Would it be bad for me to add my experience as a pharm tech to my caspa? Or has anyone ever run into problems with things like this in an interview? I was going to put it but I was conflicted after that because I dont want to make a bad impression or anything. Thanks everyone! 

Hi,

Other people might have different opinions, but I would definitely put it. Applicants commonly work as a PT aide to fulfill PCE requirements and I don't think admissions committees assume that means they want to work as a physical therapist. Being a pharmacy tech is still exposure to the medical field and should count as HCE I believe. I would think its still very relevant to your application. Your PS and shadowing should solidify why you want to go PA. Just my thoughts. Good luck this cycle!

Archived