Probably a silly LOR question

As the title implies this question likely has an obvious answer, but I want to be sure and not screw up my application. In CASPA, I have all my LOR's and plan on submitting in the next week or so. I was just wondering if there is a way to electronically say which LOR goes with which school. I know some schools only require 3 LORs and some require 4. Thus, I have 4. Is there a way to send only 3 into the schools that ask for 3? Will they just choose 3 of the 4 based on their LOR preferences? 

As far as I know, the short answer is "no." So make sure all of your LORs count. Someone who can talk about you personally and your interaction with patients is the best, managerial positions and professors less so. They really want to see feedback from people who have seen you with patients extensively and first hand.

When you submit to CASPA, all the 4 LORs will be submitted to all the programs you apply to. My friend who is starting PA school this summer said that some of the programs will only look at 3/4 of the LORs since they are on a time crunch (she heard this from UTMB). There isn't a way to select just 3 recs to send to one program. It won't hurt you to have 4, as long as they are all strong! 

Archived